Skip to main content
Topic: Air Throttle How-To (Read 698 times) previous topic - next topic

Air Throttle How-To

I recently converted my King Control throttle to an air throttle. I based my approach on the way Foretravel did it back in the days when they were replacing failing King units. Everything can be bought off the shelf except for some brackets which I had fabricated using several old Foretravel drawings.

No special skills or tools are needed and anyone with moderate mechanical skills will be able to do the job. As I said above, I did mine like Foretravel used to. If someone else has a better or less expensive solution, please chime in. Also, if anyone comes across something in the how-to that needs clarification, let me know. Thanks.
jor

Re: Air Throttle How-To

Reply #1
Wow!  What a write up.

Anyone who uses these instructions might think about asking Jor for his Paypal information.  Just sayin.'
Matt B
1998 u-320

Reply #2
Jor,

If you haven't done it already, how about posting your excellent How-To file in the Forum library.  It might go good in the "Air System" folder?

1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #3
I agree great write up.
Peter and Frieda Morin
1999 36ft. U320 Foretravel
Build # 5436
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Reply #4
Good job.
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.

Reply #5
how about posting your excellent How-To file in the Forum library.
Done. It's in the Air System deal and is labeled King Control to Air throttle.
jor

Reply #6
Jor,

If you haven't done it already, how about posting your excellent How-To file in the Forum library.  It might go good in the "Air System" folder?

Where is the "Forum library" being referred to here? Does it have another name? How do I access it?
1998 U295 36' No slides
Towing 2018 Jeep Wrangler
Previous rigs:
  1995 26' Fleetwood Flair
  1998 34' Fleetwood Bounder
  1997 40' Bluebird BMC
  1999 24' Winnebago Minnie Class C

Reply #7
Where is the "Forum library" being referred to here? Does it have another name? How do I access it?
Easy.  Go to the top of this page, click on "MEDIA" tab.  Then click on "Forum Library".  Then click on "Air System".

1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."