Skip to main content

Topic: PTL entry door strike pin lube - who knew (Read 621 times) previous topic - next topic

PTL entry door strike pin lube - who knew
Still working on our spring "get ready" list.  Today Steve took a look at the entry door latch pin.

We usually had to slam the door quite hard to get it to firmly latch.  Last summer, the door also developed quite the squeak when going over...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: PTL entry door strike pin lube - who knew
Reply #1
I also was not aware of this feature.  I squirted a little Corrosion X in bak of the sliding bolt and VIOLA, it works perfectly without slamming the door.

I also was unaware of this feature.  I squirted a little Corrosion X in back of the...

• Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 04:47:43 pm by George Stoltz

Reply #2
Hi George,
  For whatever reason, your post can not be read. The color of your print is so light, I can not read it. All other new messages are fine. May just be my computer.

Raymond & Babette Jordan
1997 U 320

Reply #3
Ray,
Just run your mouse over it with the left mouse down like you are going to copy it and it will show up.  Or, if you use your majic green lantern signal ring that you got in the cereal box years ago, it will show up with a secret code.
Or did...

Reply #4
Steve used his Li'l Orphan Annie decoder ring and it said "Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine"....

-M

Reply #5
Hi Mike,
  Thanks. That took care of it. George's message now loud, and clear. My decoder ring lost its power years ago. Like many of our RV parts, they are no longer made!

Raymond & Babette Jordan
1997 U 320

Reply #6
Those decoder rings were something else.  I can remember running out to the mail box every day hoping the postman had finally brought it.

Note to Michael:  The girls in my sixth grade were not impressed by decoder rings.

Note to forum moderator: ...