Skip to main content

Topic: STICKY STEP (Read 439 times) previous topic - next topic

STICKY STEP
Our front step occassionally will hang up and not drop down.  That makes it a long way to the ground.

Any suggestions to make this go away?

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: STICKY STEP
Reply #1
Which style/manufacturer of step do you have on your coach?

Ours is a Kwikee electric, 2 steps.  Steve lubes the joints at least once a year.

Michelle

Reply #2
Ours is also a Kwikee electric 2 step.  Staring last year, we have had to spray lube on ours every 3 months or so.   We had it hang up open a couple weeks ago on our way from CA to Houston.   I didn't know it of course and caught a pylon with it...

Reply #3

Ours is also a Kwikee electric 2 step. 

We had it hang up open a couple weeks ago on our way from CA to Houston.   I didn't know it of course and caught a pylon with it while...

Reply #4
George,

I believe you have an air operated flip down step. I'm sure others who have actually worked on this will chime in, but check the air regulator/gauges under the coach near the step. Many have had to change these out when their steps have...

Reply #5
I replaced these under chassis air presuure regulators.  They get beaten up by the road grime, etc.  I got my replacement at Lowe's tools area where air compressors are displayed.

Reply #6
Peter,

Is that the same model regulator also used for the front/back air leveling proportioning (I forget what it's called).   It kind of "hangs" under the coach near the front axle.

The Kobalt mini regulator below?  We keep a spare one on hand.

http...

Reply #7
I tried something easy.  I lubed the piston shafts with Corrosion X.  Now it works like it should.