Skip to main content

Topic: Difference in digital readout panels on Xantrex and Progressive Industries EMS (Read 467 times) previous topic - next topic

Difference in digital readout panels on Xantrex and Progressive Industries EMS
While I don't think we have a problem, I find this situation perplexing.

We have a Xantrex ProSine 3.0 and a Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C.

Only in the evenings do I see this happen.   Right now the Xantrex display panel shows incoming voltage...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Difference in digital readout panels on Xantrex and Progressive Industries EMS
Reply #1
We don't have a Progressive EMS for comparison, but when we have had unusually high voltage readings on our built-in coach monitoring panel (we have the Xantrex 2500, IIRC), the problem has been either a poor ground connection in the campground...

Re: Difference in digital readout panels on Xantrex and Progressive Industries EMS
Reply #2
George....  I have noticed the same difference.  I have one of the portable EMS units and it normally reads lower, voltage-wise, than the Xantrax unit in our 2003 U295.  I think it is a Prosine 3.0.   Normally I check the voltage before I plug in...

I Made a Mistake in the Basic Premise of This Topic. I Am Truly Sorry
Reply #3
What I reported as a difference in the read out between the EMS digital readout and the Xantrex panel was incorrectly described.

Here is my error.  I was looking at the 10-year-old and original "Power Line Monitor" bearing the Foretravel name and...

Reply #4
George.....  I made the same mistake.  The Xantrex panel does not have the line voltage readings.  It is the panel next to it (Power line monitor, Foretravel).

George

Reply #5
I was moments away from calling Xantrex and asking for warranty service, but decided to take one more close look at the panel and discovered my mistake.  A real "DUH!" moment.  It is comforting to know that I have company.