Skip to main content

Topic: M-11 Service (Read 377 times) previous topic - next topic

M-11 Service
As you can tell, I am really digging into scheduled maintenance.

Starting at 28,000 miles Foretravel recommends having Engine Valves Adjusted and Check and Adjust Injectors.

A Google search did not yield any actual Cummins owned service...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: M-11 Service
Reply #1
There is a list of Cummins Coach Care Facilities at
http://www.funroads.com/coachcare/
They all work on RV's

Reply #2
Not all Cummins dealers are "CoachCare" certified.  It is each dealer's choice whether to have a number of techs to be RV certified (for coach related repairs as well as engine, transmission & chassis).  At my local Cummins Bridgeway (Midwest...

Reply #3
Barry,

We are going right through Cummins West in Bakersfield, CA on our was back to Nac and will have this service done there at that time.

Thanks for the lead.

Reply #4
Peter,

Bad hat photo.  Wife says other photo makes you look younger.  8)

Reply #5
Yeah, I like to change the avatar from time to time.  I guess it's time to change to a younger picture.  Wait and see

:))

Reply #6
George,

Cummins recommends that an Overhead Set be done at 120,000 miles, 3000 hours, or 2 years, whichever comes first.  Valve adjustment is included in this service.  I have never heard of a coach owner doing this at 2 year intervals, but the...

Reply #7
Brett, what's involved in an overhead set?

Reply #8
The overhead set includes adjusting the injectors, intake and exhaust valves.

Reply #9
That is what I will ask to be done when we visit Cummins West in Bakerfield  CA next week.  For what it is worth, Cummins West out of Bakersfield has the contract to service the propane fueled passenger busses that transfer passengers within...

Reply #10

There is a list of Cummins Coach Care Facilities at
http://www.funroads.com/coachcare/
They all work on RV's

Good info & link!  Thanks Barry.  Sure wish they had a facility in Austin...   :(

Reply #11
George. James Triana, techs at TN RV, techs at Parliament, MOT and FOT and respected local Cummins Diesel mechanic all have told me, "do not take off the head of your Cummins Diesel short of 100,000 miles unless you have a problem". I am at...

Reply #12
Cummins said look at the book that comes with the engine not the FT book. IT is a long time in coming before you will need that service and removal of the head.

Reply #13
The Foretravel service book is way OFF when it comes to some of the Cummins service intervals.  Less than two hours ago I talked to Cummins West in Bakersfield CA and they said don't even think about that kind of service until we are at at least...