Skip to main content
Topic: M-11 Service (Read 959 times) previous topic - next topic

M-11 Service

As you can tell, I am really digging into scheduled maintenance.

Starting at 28,000 miles Foretravel recommends having Engine Valves Adjusted and Check and Adjust Injectors.

A Google search did not yield any actual Cummins owned service facilities.  Where do you guys have this service performed?

Thank you.
George Stoltz.  Retired from full-time living in a great Foretravel and now are back to living in a traditional sticks and bricks in Florida.

Re: M-11 Service

Reply #1
There is a list of Cummins Coach Care Facilities at
http://www.funroads.com/coachcare/
They all work on RV's
The selected media item is not currently available.Barry BEAM #16014
2003 U320 40' AGDS
Beamalarm, Foretravel technical help and specifications
"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"

Reply #2
Not all Cummins dealers are "CoachCare" certified.  It is each dealer's choice whether to have a number of techs to be RV certified (for coach related repairs as well as engine, transmission & chassis).  At my local Cummins Bridgeway (Midwest franchise that is 51% owned by Cummins), they are considering droping the CoachCare.  But, they all perform the valve adjustments.  Just make sure you use a reputable and certified diesel shop to perform these services.  Most good shops have Cummins certified techs.
Peter & Beth Martin
No Forrest? What have you done?
MC# 15890 until Dec 2016; FMCA #F329677
Cincinnati, OH

Reply #3
Barry,

We are going right through Cummins West in Bakersfield, CA on our was back to Nac and will have this service done there at that time.

Thanks for the lead.
George Stoltz.  Retired from full-time living in a great Foretravel and now are back to living in a traditional sticks and bricks in Florida.

Reply #4
Peter,

Bad hat photo.  Wife says other photo makes you look younger.  8)

Reply #5
Yeah, I like to change the avatar from time to time.  I guess it's time to change to a younger picture.  Wait and see

:))
Peter & Beth Martin
Cincinnati, OH

Reply #6
George,

Cummins recommends that an Overhead Set be done at 120,000 miles, 3000 hours, or 2 years, whichever comes first.  Valve adjustment is included in this service.  I have never heard of a coach owner doing this at 2 year intervals, but the other guidelines look very reasonable to me.
Regards,
Brett

'99 42' Foretravel Xtreme
'14 Brown Motorsports Stacker
'05 Chevy SSR
'02 BMW R1150R

Reply #7
Brett, what's involved in an overhead set?
Peter & Beth Martin
Cincinnati, OH

Reply #8
The overhead set includes adjusting the injectors, intake and exhaust valves.
Regards,
Brett

'99 42' Foretravel Xtreme
'14 Brown Motorsports Stacker
'05 Chevy SSR
'02 BMW R1150R

Reply #9
That is what I will ask to be done when we visit Cummins West in Bakerfield  CA next week.  For what it is worth, Cummins West out of Bakersfield has the contract to service the propane fueled passenger busses that transfer passengers within Yosemite.  The engines are Cummins.  And they have a custom retarder system.

Reply #11
George. James Triana, techs at TN RV, techs at Parliament, MOT and FOT and respected local Cummins Diesel mechanic all have told me, "do not take off the head of your Cummins Diesel short of 100,000 miles unless you have a problem". I am at 72,000 now and waiting.
No RV! Have hung up the keys.
In the past: 2016 Winnebago Era, 1994 Foretravel U240, 1995 Foretravel U240 (wide body), 1999 Foretravel 320, 36 Foot, 2003 Foretravel U320 38 foot,

Reply #12
Cummins said look at the book that comes with the engine not the FT book. IT is a long time in coming before you will need that service and removal of the head.
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #13
The Foretravel service book is way OFF when it comes to some of the Cummins service intervals.  Less than two hours ago I talked to Cummins West in Bakersfield CA and they said don't even think about that kind of service until we are at at least 150,000 miles.  Sure is nice to run into people who are honest and don't want to take your money for unnecessary service.