Skip to main content

Topic: Cracked Corian cooktop cover (Read 555 times) previous topic - next topic

Cracked Corian cooktop cover
Oops!!!  We accidentally dropped a 10lb bag of ice on the Corian cooktop cover; and it cracked diagonally about 80% across.  Has anyone repaired one of these; and what adhesive did you use?  Online research mentioned DuPont Seam Sealer and...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Cracked Corian cooktop cover
Reply #1
On my 99, it had discoloration from a burn ­ Sent it to FOT, they made a new
part and shipped it back, as I recall it matched perfectly and was not
expensive, you might give them a call.

On 6/10/10 3:52 PM, "Jeff & Suzanne" wrote:
Oops!!!  We...

Reply #2
Hi Jeff,  Corian Can be repaired!  It can also be Seamed to make a continuous counter top.  You will need to contact any local Corian top installer to have it repaired..   :)

Reply #3
Hi Jeff & Suzanne,
  Call a few local cabinet/millwork shops. Ask them if they are Corian approved/certified. If they are close,drop by and find a match, color name, and number. They may be able to help. If they can't repairthe cover, send me the...

Reply #4
Jeff,

I don't think your cooktop is true Corian.  Regardless, I have had terrific service from David Flanagan at FT.  He has fixed cracks, filled holes, etc. and the repairs are invisible.

Regards,

Brett

Reply #5
I believe that if it is Corian, and was installed by an authorized installer (I tried to do it myself and they wouldn't sell it to me), it supposedly is guaranteed forever.
Check their website or call an installer/dealer.

Reply #6
Hi Jeff & Suzanne,
   Foretravel started to manufacture their own solid surface product around 1999.  My 1997 U 320, has Corian solid surface product. I have replaced, repaired, and made a few pieces in mine. I have never seen anything, but...

• Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:31:43 am by Raymond Jordan