Skip to main content
Topic: Is there a built-in filter for city water supply? (Read 860 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a built-in filter for city water supply?

I have a filter under the sink for ice maker in freezer and special drinking water spigot, but is there a filter someplace for the city water supply? Thanks.
Dick, '03 U320 40' Tag, 2 slides, Coach #6075
Full Timers
2009 Honda CR-V

Re: Is there a built-in filter for city water supply?

Reply #1
Dick,

No, there is no filter on the city water line, just like in a house.  Most of us use an external sediment filter with quick release fittings at the water spigot, then add a little bleach if the water source is a private well.

Regards,

Brett
Regards,
Brett

'99 42' Foretravel Xtreme
'14 Brown Motorsports Stacker
'05 Chevy SSR
'02 BMW R1150R

Reply #2
Dick,

I went to Home Depot and bought a GE sediment filter.  I walked over to plumbing and had a guy find the brass fittings that allow me to connect the GE sediment filter cannister to a water hose (think RV white hose).  Do not put a charcoal filter in the water line as it will remove any chlorine introduced by the municipality.  This small amount of chlorine helps keep bacteria at bay.
George Stoltz.  Retired from full-time living in a great Foretravel and now are back to living in a traditional sticks and bricks in Florida.

Reply #3
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a filter somewhere that I couldn't see.  Dick
Dick, '03 U320 40' Tag, 2 slides, Coach #6075
Full Timers
2009 Honda CR-V