Skip to main content

Topic: Power Tech - OVERCRANK (Read 595 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Tech - OVERCRANK
Is anybody familiar with the OVERCRANK error code on the Power Tech 10KW genny?  This is for a '99 U320, and I currently don't have access to the manual to look up the codes.  I don't have a clue where to start looking.

Everything was running...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Power Tech - OVERCRANK
Reply #1
Russell, Sorry to hear about the over crank problem.  In simple terms, normally that would be caused by one of two reasons.
First, out of fuel
Second, plugged fuel filter, transfer pump or electric solenoid that opens the fuel control on the...

Reply #2
Russel,
I'm guessing your wondering what the error means ?
It's triggered when the starter is engaged too long (cranks the engine too long) as a measure to not burn-up the starter motor.
I'm not sure if manually holding down the start button too...

Reply #3
John:

Thanks for the post.  Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to understand.  But to be truthfull, that error code doesn't sync with the current symptoms.

Here's what's happening.  I press the start button as normal, and release.  You can hear...

Reply #4
I had the same problem on my 8KW gen. it would sart for few seconds then quit.  It turned out to be the small inline filter next to the electric pump at the front bottom.  Tks DAN 99 u270

Reply #5
Thanks Dan.  Will definitely check that out. 

I'm at a family reunion, and activities are starting to prohibit any more focus on the coach till Monday.  For now, I'm at a  KOA and plugged into 50 amps to avoid heat and humidity. 

Reply #6
Russell,

I just saw your email.  Sorry for the delay.  The guys have you on the right track.  You can bleed the fuel system at the banjo bolt on top of the filter.  From there the fuel system should be self-priming.  To go further you'd have to...

Reply #7
Russell,  Perhaps you should do a search for generator problems that are archived here.
Mine acted somewhat like yours and turned out to be a fuel line air leak.  Pulled a new fuel line and problems quit.  The problems started after I ran fuel...

Reply #8
Russell, if you post this on the old forum, Dave M is a Genset guru and he installs and repairs them around the area. He may have the information for you. I do not think he is on here yet.

Reply #9

if you post this on the old forum, Dave M is a Genset guru and he installs and repairs them around the area. He may have the information for you. I do not think he is on here yet.

Ummm.... ...

Reply #10
RESOLUTION!

Was fortunate enough to have  mobile tech come to take a look at the OVERCRANK problem and he was able to resolve the problem.

The OVERCRANK error code is exactly as JohnFitz explained.  It's an error associated with the starter trying...

Reply #11
All right, glad you found a solution.  My PT10 at one time acted funny and when I started poking around I found a crimp on connector in the control box was loose.  Damn... if it ain't one thing its something else.

• Rick
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Russell,
               Not sure if you want to share the name of the mobile tech service that you used but I know that I would be interested. One sub folder in my "RV Maintainence" folder is "Repair facilities". I cut and paste messages that...

Reply #13
Sure... would be more than happy to offer a name and phone number:

It's not a service, per se.  This is a guy that has sold and repaired generators for 42 years.  He certainly took care of me, and I couldn't be happier with his promptness and...