Skip to main content

Topic: Slide questions (Read 526 times) previous topic - next topic

• Dick S
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Slide questions
1. Is it recommended to go outside to check the slide seals before extending or retracting to be sure they are no longer pressurized?
2. Should the seals be lubricated periodically? I am concerned because I have an area of delamination on the end...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Slide questions
Reply #1
Dick,
 On my slide I can see the bladder gap from inside ­ I always look at it before I extend or retract the slide.  Not sure what if any lube would be
suggested, since without delamination issues, there should be no interference.  As for the...

Reply #2
Dick, I look from the inside. Your red light should go out though when all the pins are locked. Do you hear a squeal when you put the slide in or out. If so that is the slide rubbing on the bladder.

• Dick S
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
John, I sure do hear a squeal when I put the front slide out. And it comes from the end with the delam bubble. So do you think a lube would help that?

The red light does always go out when I extend the front slide. Not so for the rear one.

Could...

Reply #4

John, I sure do hear a squeal when I put the front slide out. And it comes from the end with the delam bubble. So do you think a lube would help that?

The red light does always go out when I extend...

Reply #5
Barry is right you do not have pins. The slide is probably ribbing on the bladder.  When I had my delay fixed the squeal went away. 

Reply #6
On my 2003 U320, I had FOT grease the scissor jack mechanism and my squeal went away...