Skip to main content

Topic: Brake Lights Stuck On (Read 590 times) previous topic - next topic

Brake Lights Stuck On
I am having trouble with the engine lugging or actually not revving up over about 1800 rpm's at times. (not the first time this has happened). This is a 1997 U270 with the King Throttle Control. I installed a new ground wire at the King control...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Brake Lights Stuck On
Reply #1
Jim, check in the first compartment drivers side just below the steering gear, there are 2 air operated switch's therefor the brake lights, unhook the wires on 1 switch at a time and check the lights, that is where I had my problem.

Reply #2
We purchased a 1997 U295 in April. The previous owner had stories about the throttle control, which was originally a King control unit. The best story was about a trip from out west back to southeast Texas after a failure of the King electronic...

Reply #3
Thanks for the replys on the brake switches. I ordered two new switches that should be here tomorrow.

Jim Monk
1997 U270
East Texas

Reply #4
Jim,

You might also want to verify that these symptoms are not being caused by the brakes being applied causing both brake light illumination and poor throttle response.

Drive it a mile or so and stop and carefully place your hand on the wheels. ...

Reply #5
Two brake light air pressure switches are located on front upper wall of forward street side compartment. Also an electric relay that is activated when retard is on, also turns on brake lights.
One wire comes from all 3 of the above and goes to...

Reply #6
Many thanks to all for the help! Foretravel shipped two new brake switches to me & I got them installed this afternoon. Hopefully, this will provide a permanent fix. Brett, I will be able to test drive it tomorrow & will be sure & check the brake...