Skip to main content

Topic: Tow car vibration alarm (Read 346 times) previous topic - next topic

Tow car vibration alarm
We have been using a high-tech towing vibration sensor in our Jeep, that tells us in our motorhome if we have problems caused by hitch, tires, etc.
It uses an accelerometer to measure normal movements in up/down, side-to-side & front-to-back...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Tow car vibration alarm
Reply #1
Barry, I am interested in the system you are using, the question I have would be; Just how long in miles and hours does it take to correctly calibrate the 3 axis G sensor for accurate feed back ?
I would guess a while ?
Thanks  :)
Dave

• Dick S
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Barry, it looks like there are a few versions of this device. Which one do you recommend?  Thanks, Dick

Reply #3
The tow car unit does not have any manual adjustments.
It has 3 suction cups on the backside which ideally should be firmly attached to the center of the windshield.

When the unit is powered up,  it instantly determines where it is placed and what...

Reply #4
When asked which model to buy, I had to go to Tattle-Trail web site to see what products they offer...

We have TTK-550, which is the only model for RV'ers.

(the other 3 models are for permanent installation, waterproof usage like boat trailers &...

• Dick S
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Sorry Barry, I saw that too right after I asked the dumb question.  :(

Reply #6
Actually Dick, I think it is not clear which model fits our needs and your question was logical.

The units ability to communicate back and forth to each other is one of the reasons this product works so well for RVers.
I think the short range model...