Skip to main content
Topic: Fresh water and grey water tank question (Read 799 times) previous topic - next topic

Fresh water and grey water tank question

My husband and I just recently bought an 89 Gran Villa and are brand new to rving. We are about ready to take it out on the road. Today when we were sanitizing the tanks my husband noticed on the monitor that the fresh and grey tanks were filling up at the same rate.  I thought the grey tank was for waste water from the drains. Is there a valve or switch we need to turn in order for the grey tank to not fill?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bryan and Beth

Re: Fresh water and grey water tank question

Reply #1
Make sure you have all the faucets shut. They should not be joined other than through the drains that drain into it...  but I would also check and see if you filling the backflush line.. That is the way it could enter the tank.
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #2
Thanks John that's what I thought.  What is a backflush line? :-[

Reply #3
The backflush is exactly what it sounds like. It enables you to wash the inside of a holding tank and flush it out. Do you have multiple connections in the water compartment bay. If you can not figure it out, post a picture of the bay and someone will have owned it or will figure it out.  ALso do you have a hose on a reel under there. If so that is what you use to fill the water tank and any other connection is a backflush connection..
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon