Skip to main content

Topic: Door, 2001 U320  (Read 611 times) previous topic - next topic

Door, 2001 U320
Starting to have a problem opening the door, seems the latch only opens part way, leaving a second latch holding or it is not fully opening.
Have sprayed lube into the latch, that helped a lot but not solved totally.
Has anyone uncovered the door...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Door, 2001 U320
Reply #1
Yes I have and to get inside the whole door will mean a lot of screws around the inside window are removed. You then can remove the few that hold the inside cover.  You will find a deadbolt and an automotive style lock. I only use the deadbolt...

Reply #2
If it is still locked put a long flexible rod or slim jim in from left to right and push up on a small round washer type thing. It is connected to a rod that sometimes get stuck and will not unlock the catch. That worked on my '99 320. May have...

Reply #3
Dave,
On the frame side of the door opening, where the latch hooks, there is the big pin.  It is supposed to move when the door closes and the latch hooks onto the big pin.  It then moves.  It needs to move.  Sometimes it get dirth & hangs up...

• Virginia
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
??? :-[  ;) After LOCKING Myself out of coach several times at Camp FOT - Here is the Story

Seems the lower lock, this is the handle, has 2 "u" shaped catches - if the first one is not completely in the door will not open - PUSH on door to force it to...