Skip to main content
Topic: Splendide 2000 Hot Water Repair (Read 837 times) previous topic - next topic

Splendide 2000 Hot Water Repair

In a 1997 U295 36', we have a Splendide 2000 (WD 802 M) that would not work on any cycle that used hot water only. On a cycle, or part of a cycle, that used any cold water (W or C setting), the washer would work. However, the water was never even warm. I suspected a failed or stuck hot water valve.

I pulled that washer and found that the connector that was supposed to be connected to the spade lug on the hot water valve was hanging loose. When I put the connector on the spade lug, it was not secure. I removed it, pinched it a bit with pliers, and reconnected it. The connected is secure now. The washer works as it should now.

Steps to remove the washer included: remove the closet door, making note of where the long screws and short screws should be replaced on reassembly; remove the carpet from the pedestal, starting from the bottom up; remove the wooden retaining strip at the front of the washer; put an appropriate support in the hallway that is the same height as the pedestal; pull the washer out of its resting place and onto the support in the hallway. Make sure you and your tools are on the same side of the washer, which is probably the kitchen side. When the washer is out, the only way to the other side is over the top.

The top of the washer can be removed by pulling four screws from the back of the unit, lifting the back of the top, and the sliding the top forward just a bit to release it from some tabs that hold down the front of the top panel.

Reassembly is pretty much the reverse order of disassembly.

I went outside the coach and installed some weatherstrip/packing material to the junction between the dryer exhaust on the machine and the exhaust port through the side of the coach. The junction was accessible after I removed the flaps on the dryer vent on the side of the coach.

I was able to do the job alone by having the support in the hallway so the I could drag the washer out and push it back in. It was challenging, but doable. When pushing the machine back into its place, take care that you get the back feet over the front edge of the pedestal. I thought I had the machine properly back into place, and then found two rubber feet on the floor in the hallway. Doh! Another try with some lifting and shoving allow me to get it back into place with all feet intact.

If you want to remove the washer from the coach or get it out of the hallway, get help!

JDS
1997 U295 36' CAI
1994 Grand Cherokee
Bellville, TX
J D Stevens
1997 U295 CAI 36' Build #5085
2002 Subaru Outback
Motorcade 16869
Bellville, TX

Re: Splendide 2000 Hot Water Repair

Reply #1
I had that problem on my 99 U 270.  It was just a connector but it took a bit of work to get it out of the cabinet so I could have it opened up to see that far. ;D
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Re: Splendide 2000 Hot Water Repair

Reply #2
JD,

Whenever you remove the W/D from its compartment, always disconnect the water lines, especially the hot water, check the in-line filters for "sand" that is generated when you use hard city water.
Regards,
Brett

'99 42' Foretravel Xtreme
'14 Brown Motorsports Stacker
'05 Chevy SSR
'02 BMW R1150R