Skip to main content

Topic: M11 Air Filter --Holy Cow (Read 747 times) previous topic - next topic

M11 Air Filter --Holy Cow
Yesterday we drove about 10 miles over the dustiest roads I have ever seen here in Southeastern Kansas.  Two weeks ago I had a new air filter put in.  With my discount at MOT it was right around $100.  Knowing that this is a vital element in the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: M11 Air Filter --Holy Cow
Reply #1
George, cleaning of the air filter is not recommended, the filtration can be reduced by 25% abd with each cleaning it is reduced more. Google cleaning heavy duty air filters for more info.

Reply #2
Bill,

Thank you.  I won't do that again, but I would consider cleaning the housing.  There was a LOT of caked dust inside.

The air pressue in my on board system was not very high.  In fact  it was so low that I switched to my little shop vac.  Some...

• PatC
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
It is hard to believe, but a dirty air filter (on dirty side only) is more efficent than a clean one!  And as B M said, it is not recommended to blow off a air filter in a attempt to clean it.  You end up getting dust on the clean side which ends...

Reply #4
Don't blow it off to clean it.  If you are driving and get into a dust storm you will have to change it out sooner. I have pulled it out and cleaned out the compartment but the airfilter is left alone till I change it out with the new one. I have...

Reply #5
O.K.  Now I am worried.  As you can see in my original post, there was not much dust.  However, I did blow from both sides %#@&.  There was not a lot of dust.  Should I order a replacement and swap it out soon?

What would you do?

Reply #6
Now I'm thinking I really screwed up.  Where is the best place to order a filter and have it sent 2nd day UPS to me here in Kansas?

Can NAPA get one for me?  I know that NAPA is pretty good about getting stuff within a couple of days.  We don't...

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #7
George,

Houston Truck Parts,   713.675.5694

WIX Air Filter 42610  $71.26  plus shipping

Reply #8
Filterbarn.com

Big tapered air cleaner filter:
 Fleetguard AF-1838  $52.63
 Best price I have found...

It is where we buy all of our filters.

Great service, great prices...
 Crosses to WIX 42610: ...

Reply #9
My solution:

I am going to NAPA in Fredonia, KS first thing in the morning.  The NAPA warehouse is in Kansas City so they should be able to order one for me and have it no later than Wednesday.

Whew!  Thanks to all of your good advice, I think I...

• Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:01:32 pm by George Stoltz