Skip to main content

Topic: M11 Fuel filter questions (Read 867 times) previous topic - next topic

M11 Fuel filter questions
After reading of Michael Baldacchino's starting problems and filter considerations I decided to be pro-active and order two each of the fuel filters for our M11 engine.

That was the easy part.  My fuel filters are side by side.  the Fleetguard...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: M11 Fuel filter questions
Reply #1
George, The FS1001 or FS19592 will fit, I use the larger FS19592 on the engine.
For the Winn system, filter is Racor S3230T.
The Winn 200200 Is the plastic piece with the problem O rings.
Also I use the LF9000 instead of the LF9001 due to size.
hope...

Reply #2
I found what appears to be the proper winn filter at a  local filter speciality store, the filter was dusty and hard to find, last one but I did not think it was a good buy for $33 bucks so I called boatersworld.com  and will replace the winn...

Reply #3
The other filter  is a WINN 200200.  Filter Barn does not carry these.  I Googled the part number and someone with a Monaco on iRV2.com said that part is no longer made.  I am not about to take the word of an SOB owner.

George,
I could not...

Reply #4
DaveM said: The FS1001 or FS19592 will fit, I use the larger FS19592 on the engine.

On my 1996 U320 there is an FS19592 with a water seperator behind the engine start batteries, which I believe is the primary filter.
There is an FS1001 on the...

Reply #5
What is a LF9000?

That is your Oil Filter Number

• sam7
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6
 :) Let me throw my 2 cents in on this filter topic. I have a 01' U320 and ordered filters last night from the Filter Barn. In my manual it says I use a Fleetguard AF1838M air filter. That has been changed to AF1838 and listed on page 18 at Filter...

• sam7
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
Barry, I should could use a few of those 300200. Like others I was unable to find the 200200. Where did you buy yours. Thanks. Jon

Reply #8
Barry, I should could use a few of those 300200. Like others I was unable to find the 200200. Where did you buy yours.

I will have to look up the receipt. i bought it 11/09.
I remember it was a truck parts house in Santa Fe Springs CA.

I know...

Reply #9
NAPA indicates that their fuel filter #3005 is a replacement for the Racor S3203. Has anyone used the NAPA filter? Any issues? 

I picked one up and it is made by Wix (#533005).

Reply #10
NAPA indicates that their fuel filter #3005 is a replacement for the Racor S3203. Has anyone used the NAPA filter? Any issues? 

I picked one up and it is made by Wix (#533005).

Fred, we...

Reply #11
Not all M11 engines are configured with the same filters.  Verify what you need for your specific filter configuration.

Reply #12
 Well the NAPA 3005 was not even close. I have the original filter assembly with the Racor S3203 filter. I started encountering a sputtering engine when going up hills on this trip. Otherwise, it ran just fine. I am well overdue for a fuel...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
I just picked up spare filters from Cummins in San Antonio.I had checked with a NAPA in McKinnney Texas who had all the filters, similar to Cummins, except for big difference in a fuel filter. Couldn't find all needed filters on Amazon. Cummins...

Reply #14
I am guessing that the NAPA 3005 filter is the replacement for the Racor R90P once the retrofit kit has been installed. My hunch is that the 3005 has the drain built into it. Here are pictures of the two.

Reply #15
Personally I like the Parker style filter so you can see trash in the filter bowl. But use what makes you happy.

MIke

Reply #16
Personally I like the Parker style filter so you can see trash in the filter bowl. But use what makes you happy.

MIke

X2 on use what makes you happy-- I have been well pleased with the...

Reply #17
Well the NAPA 3005 was not even close. I have the original filter assembly with the Racor S3203 filter. I started encountering a sputtering engine when going up hills on this trip. Otherwise,...

• Pyolet
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #18
The NAPA number for the direct R90P replacement is : NAPA 3231.  It's made by Wix.   Woody.

I am guessing that the NAPA 3005 filter is the replacement for the Racor R90P once the retrofit kit...

Reply #19
We did go forward with the replacement to the Racor 790R30. The Foretravel parts shop sent the part overnight to the campground.  We had the local diesel shop come out and do the replacement at the campground. The M11 engine fired up and we drove...

Reply #20
Fred, glad you got it going. I hope your as happy with the Racor as I am with mine. A working primer pump.......... it's the simple things in life that make us happy ^.^d

Larry

Reply #21
Glad you got it changed. Replacing the old Winn system with the new Racor filter was one of the better upgrades I've made. No more cold-weather fuel starvation issues!