Meritor wabco r90555396 65psi valve
Paid one hour labor for install
Mike & Molly Patronick
2001 U320 40'
2011 Forester

Re: Part Number Collection

Reply #151
Utility bay faucet part numbers

Probably already been listed (earlier) in this "stickie" thread, but just in case here they are again:

Body:  M–DURA chrome two-handle utility faucet - 8121 - MoenPro

Spout:  M–DURA chrome commerical spout - SV010 - MoenPro

If you want to replace the whole faucet with something less expensive, this one has been recommended on the Forum:

Regency 12" Wall Mounted Swing Spout Swivel Faucet with 8" Centers
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #152
RAY-LINE 135SL Spotlight

Discussion on original spotlight fitted to some GV coaches, how to clean/repair, part number for replacement sealed beam bulb:

Bulb:  GE H9405 15767

RAY-LINE Roof-Mounted Spotlight, Repair of

Discussion on modern replacement for original spotlight, links to part numbers:  GOLIGHT/RADIORAY LED

Exercise your systems

Reply #153
On our 92 U225 the light switch for the hall closet is a Pollak 52-616.
Early Mopar (Chrysler/De Soto/Dodge/Plymouth 1940's to 1950) Style
Door Jamb Switch
On ebay for 5.50 plus shipping.
1992 U225 36'
Build #4134
1987 Rockwood 32'
Ham radio/Motorcycles and old cars
Both of us are Retired
Married 32 years
Other half is "Old Toolmaker"
Dog named Duke.

Reply #154
Went to Cummins and got the new thermostat and silicone hose.  The thermostat and hose on the right are the old ones.  Also, new part number for thermostat and hose  Sorry I didn't know parts picture was upside down
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Reply #155
Hello All,  I need help with a rear shock number for my 1985 V917 Cat engine.  OEM # 121257B  I have tried a google search.  No luck..  I just know that someone here can help..
Maybe if I get the number off the front shocks I can get the same family of shocks.  I just put Monroe Gas Magnum on front axle.

Centramatic wheel balancers made a big difference in the ride and control of the coach.
Thank You in advance
Philip
Philip M Mahoney

1985 V917 Cat3208 w/ Allison auto 4 speed
build #7433

Reply #157
Wax valve for radiator fan. All parts needed is the valve and the adaptor (bung) welded on the pipe.

Part number: 553/1/09857/210
553/1/09857/210
Category: HYDRAULIC GEAR MOTORS & FAN CONTROL VALVES

Sub category: SAUER FAN DRIVE MOTORS AND VALVES

http://www.whitehouseproductsltd.com/product-details.aspx?pid=18059453&&kw=553%2f1%2f09857%2f210&kt=AND&page=1
Sauer Sundstrand 553/1/09859/110 Fan Motor Thermostatic Wax Valve | eBay

Welding Bung for the Wax Valve
6404-12-12 ADAPTER, HYDRAULIC. CONNECTOR STEEL FEMALE ORB TO MALE PIPE. #12 FEMALE SAE O-RING TO 3/4" MALE PIPE. 6404-12-12

6404-12-12 ADAPTER, HYDRAULIC. CONNECTOR STEEL FEMALE ORB TO MALE PIPE. #12...

I will be adding a pic of my Location.. Thanks to Sven as he helped me with his pic so I kinda matched but the Electronic controller is right next to this location on my coach.

Also the part numbers are different.. They are adjustable through the screw in the top screw it all the way down to seat it and back it up 4.5 turns.. puts you around 190 degrees approx.. Can be adjusted after install to fine tune but you will need to shut the engine off to do so.

Reply #158
My 1985 V917,  A six way power seat switch is bad.  I traced it to a 1981 to 1984 Corvette.  Corvetteparts.com  $189.00  I asked if it was gold plated.. LOL  Any way it came to me in two day's.. now I have to install the dang thing...
Philip M Mahoney

1985 V917 Cat3208 w/ Allison auto 4 speed
build #7433

Reply #159
Constant torque clamp on my 2002 U320. Foretravel parts # P33823 $16.63 with MCade discount.  Brad's email indicated that local big truck parts vendor may carry. However, Cummins Mid-South did not have the clamp. One of my clamps broke; it restrains the 4" diameter metal tube connecting the CAC(?) back into the engine. Same constant torque clamp used with at least two other lower connection points. The broken clamp actually had slid down the tube/metal hose to the lower connections where I saw it and assumed that's where it belonged.
I used two 4" automotive screw type hose clamps (worm gear type) as a temporary fix until I can replace with the Constant torque clamp. Two temporary clamps seem to hold the tube/metal hose ok. However, will these temporary clamps safely hold the 4" hose and keep it from vibrating and creating other problems? I need some external confirmation by wiser heads that it's safe to drive the Motorhome until I can get the replacement part from Foretravel. Thanks.
alpapadoc

Reply #160
Silicone hoses require clamps with smooth mating surfaces because the silicone is relatively soft and standard gear type clamps can damage the hose. Check local automotive/truck parts dealers for silicone hose clamps.
If these are not available locally I would consider a wrap of tape around the hose where the gear type clamp would be placed as a temporary solution.

Steve & Sandy
2003 U320 4220 WCDS, build#6160
Motorcade #17794
USMC '67-'71

Reply #161
Our local O"reillys  warehouse has constant torque hose clamps for silicone hose
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Reply #162
Thanks for responses. I was unable to get a constant tension clamp at our local and new O'Reilly store. I did go by the International Truck parts and obtained one CTC for ~$32. Good news is Foretravel has them for half that price. I don't think this is a silicone hose. Any thoughts about leaving the two gear type clamps for now and just monitor them closely to see how they hold up under driving conditions? They are tight and only minimal vibration at idle.
alpapadoc

Reply #164
Probably already here, but for the solenoid on a Haldex air dryer part #N15842J 485K. Have no idea what the price would be, this # comes from changing out the old dryer to the new one. The solenoid was moved from old to new.

Larry
Larry Warren
1996  U320 36' SBID "Lola"
Build #4970
Motorcade #18318

Reply #165
Larry,

That is the old number for the isolation valve that you will have trouble finding at most part stores..  The number that you can find at most part stores is the KN23500 number.
Isolation Valve - Haldex product category

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #166
Mike, thanks for the correction and update. Plan on using the old one for now. Hope to reinstall the dryer tomorrow after work.
Larry Warren
1996  U320 36' SBID "Lola"
Build #4970
Motorcade #18318

Reply #167
Larry,

You may need to take the isolation valve apart and clean it up.  Inside you will find a piston that has a couple of "O" rings. Look at the seating surface for a bad spot. If you need new o rings make sure that the piston moves freely in the bore before you install on the dryer.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #168
Roppe Stair Tread and Stair Nosing

I have had several members ask what product we used to cover the entry stairs in our '93 U280 GV.  I am adding this info to the Forum parts list for future reference.  Note that these Roppe products are available in many variations in style and color.  What we did is just one example of what is possible.  We have been very happy with the looks and durability of the Roppe products.

The stair treads are Roppe Rubber Style #94 - Raised Square Design.  The color is #631 Sahara.  I bought 3 36" long pieces, and had to trim them to fit.  Having no spares, it was a "measure MANY times, and cut once" project.  Once I was satisfied with the fit, I glued them in place with some construction adhesive from Lowes.  Links below to Roppe and to the place where I ordered the stuff (Koffler Sales).  You might find better prices online if you look around.

raised design rubber tread – Roppe

https://www.kofflersales.com/p/roppe-stair-treads-square-design.asp?cid=863

The nosing around the top edge of the stairwell is also Roppe, but in the Vinyl line #203 profile.  Color is the same: #631 Sahara.  I went with the vinyl nosing because I couldn't find a satisfactory profile in the rubber nosing.  I needed one that was squared off on the underside, and that would lay flat on the Armstrong Vinyl floor tile.  This one worked out very well.  I bought a extra spare piece.  Should it become necessary down the road, I can easily replace the "high wear" section at the top of the stairs.  Links below.

vinyl accessories – Roppe

https://www.kofflersales.com/p/roppe-vinyl-stair-nosing.asp?cid=2587

Reply #169
replaced the rear axle seals 2002 U320 yesterday .. Did both sides.. That just takes one thing off my mind after 1 failed... Other looked to be wearing out also.. some pics of the new one.. part number "seal" skf 47691 axle # is RS211 23423 Meritor

Reply #170
Dick,

Yes, I need an air dryer bowl too. I looked at Granger's website under
'air dryer parts' and did not find the bowl only.  Maybe there is a trick to looking it up.  Anyone know of another source?

Jim
2002 U320

>Jim W
HWH leveling system:  My 98 U320 has a Parker water separator.  My bowl had a few cracks. Found a replacement at Depatie fluid power co. Item is a Parker PS721P, description: 06L poly bowl with 1/8" connector. $28.96 and had it in 2 weeks, Just put it on and now can level coach without starting engine.

Reply #171
Six Pack 12V Solenoid valve COIL 6302012 had to solder the leads in but the coil was 20.95 on their web site they only give a part number.  I called them and was told that it is 1.22A 14.7 watt continuous duty. plus it was free shipping.  It fit like a glove and solenoid valve worked fine.  I seen some cheaper ones but could not find out the hole diameter or coil diameter or height so I went with this one.
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Reply #172
Coolant tank cap
NAPA 703 1427 This is for the 2001 ISM 450,

UPDATE:  difficult to put on, ALSO IT SEEMS THE GASKET UNDER THE COVER IS smaller COMPARED TO THE ONE THAT IS ON THERE. I WILL CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER PART.

Frank & Daisy
NO LONGER  "looking for the perfect Foretravel
36' or less non slide preferred."  She has been found and is ours.
2003 U320 36' non slide  Unit 6103
Cummins ISM 450
Allison 4000MH

Reply #173
Foretravel roof coating.
Just wanted to post this for others.
It was put on my coach back in 2013 at Foretravel.
Armour Liner
Frank & Daisy
NO LONGER  "looking for the perfect Foretravel
36' or less non slide preferred."  She has been found and is ours.
2003 U320 36' non slide  Unit 6103
Cummins ISM 450
Allison 4000MH

Reply #174
Greetings all.

I just wanted to make this diagram for the notorious "gray box" available.  This is for the Stewart Warner gauge interface part #988L.
I was sent this by SW tech support after speaking to them about the 988L.

I realize it is obsolete but maybe someone will be interested in it.  Maybe to just to assist in troubleshooting.

-FT
2001 U270- 34'
with Aqua-hot
Travel Safely
Have Fun!!