Skip to main content

Topic: Side Mirror Camera (Read 712 times) previous topic - next topic

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Side Mirror Camera
I've got a nice rear view camera and monitor but I'd like to add a side mirror camera on the pax side. Matter of fact I wouldn't mind adding one on the driver side too. Anyhow, I think I'll go cheap on these. I do have a second input on my...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Side Mirror Camera
Reply #1
I've got a nice rear view camera and monitor but I'd like to add a side mirror camera on the pax side. Matter of fact I wouldn't mind adding one on the driver side too. Anyhow, I think I'll go...

Reply #2
The PO installed a hardwired system on my coach when the Javalina wore out. The rear view fills the monitor. Fire a turn signal, the view changes to that side. It's awesome. I use the side cameras sometimes when backing into a spot.

JOR, I'll get...

Reply #3
Video switch for side and rear camera.

Perimeter View 20-MVS6K1 Video Switching Box

Reply #4
Our 97 has a oem installed new right side camera.  Plus the rear.  I leave it on normally when driving

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Thanks. Just the kind of information I'm looking for.

Chris: Hadn't considered dual monitors.
Jeff: I look forward to this info. Really like the idea of the image changing with the turn signal.
Steve: That looks like what I'd need.
jor

Reply #6
My 2018 Duramax has side cameras that change with the signal and a wireless rear camera to mount at the back of whatever you're pulling.   It's a great system and makes me want that for the coach.  

Reply #7
Having the side come on, when the turn signal is applied is a great idea.

Like Bob, I watch both side and rear in traffic. I have no problem with the drivers side just watching in the mirror.

What I meant by confusing in heavy traffic is, just...

Reply #8
Not knowing anything about what is original, this is what was set up in the coach when I bought it. I have to select which camera that I want on with a box next to the shifter buttons.

Reply #9
My son in law is installing 3 small monitors between the tv and left side up high that will show all three cameras at the same time. No need to look down off the road, just a quick glance slightly up.  I am considering the same.

• fouroureye
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Full time operation
cameras are mounted just above front bumper
10" in middle replacing audit
7" sides
Tadi Brothers

Looks like I need to straighten the right...lol

Reply #11
Full time operation
cameras are mounted just above front bumper
10" in middle replacing audit
7" sides
Tadi Brothers

Looks like I need to straighten the right...lol

YIKES! I would get...

Reply #12
I have a system I've really enjoyed.  Rear camera, two side, and will handle I think two more.  I can switch cameras easily. Default camera view rear is on towed, but since we are not towing yet, I watch right side.  Camera will activate left if...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Just ran wire into fuse compartment then over to dash monitor.

Reply #14
I have two rear facing camera, one down at the toad and the other further back. I also have a right side camera that comes on with the right turn signal.  Harder to see over on that side.  I was going to add a left side camera as well but can't...

Reply #15
My oem right camera is on the front right corner of the coach.  Foretravel made a gel coated fiberglass cover with a glass window over the camera in feb 97

Reply #16
Here ya go

Reply #17
VisionStat

MobileAwareness

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Closing out this thread. Thanks to all for the ideas. I ended up going with the little body mounted model like Jim has with the video displaying on my existing monitor. Works great.
jor

Reply #19
Closing out this thread. Thanks to all for the ideas. I ended up going with the little body mounted model like Jim has with the video displaying on my existing monitor. Works great.
jor

Jor..what...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
what make and model

Little cheapo Sony (camera). It's hard to believe they can make a profit on these things. It came with a very long video cable along with a 3' power and ground. And... get this... it even included a 3/4" hole saw. I did...

Reply #21
Little cheapo Sony (camera). It's hard to believe they can make a profit on these things. It came with a very long video cable along with a 3' power and ground. And... get this... it even included...