Skip to main content

Topic: Water spigot (Read 299 times) previous topic - next topic

Water spigot
Last summer, I accidentally closed the water bay door on the long outside faucett breaking it where the upright pipe connects to the cross over spigot. Haven't been able to locate a replacement piece in my area. Anyone know where to locate a new...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Water spigot
Reply #1
Using the excellent Forum SEARCH function, I found this thread:

outside utility bay faucet

Following the info in the the thread linked above, I tracked down these pages with Google:

Body:  M-DURA chrome two-handle utility faucet - 8121 - MoenPro

Reply #2
thanks Chuck. I didn't use the right word combination in my search. I appreciate your help.

Larry

Reply #3
Wow Chuck,. that first one is definitely rate shock!!!!!!!!!  Oh well, it's only money.

Reply #4
Larry,

If you did decide to replace the whole faucet assembly with a different model, you might offer up your old removed parts to the Forum.  The OEM faucets are bad about cracking when subjected to sub-freezing temps.  Some other member might be...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
I accidentally closed the water bay door on the long outside faucett

You can always change to a different style. I was always closing the wet bay door on that thing. I now use an inexpensive quick connect which works great for me.
jor

Reply #6
Good point Chuck. Nothing like recycling and helping someone else. If I change out, it will be in the classifieds.

Larry

Reply #7
Jor, that is a nice clean look. Decisions, decisions :o

Larry

Reply #8
Larry,

If the stand pipe just broke off at the threads you can just rethread the end and put the vacuum brake and arm back on.

Mike

Reply #9
Mike, hadn't considered that since it was chromed. Should have a pipe die at work, if I haven't gotten rid of the pipe. Might still be in the coach bay.

Larry

Reply #10
Larry,

It will rethread just fine.   Have done it for several Forum members that had the same oops.

Mike