Skip to main content

Topic: Why I bought an older Foretravel (Read 2501 times) previous topic - next topic

Why I bought an older Foretravel
I purchased a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 4 slide new in 2004 and owned it for 10 years. Over that time it gave good service but I realized the materials and quality just wasn't there. I don't think the newer Motorhomes are any better. This...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Why I bought an older Foretravel
Reply #1
Welcome.
 Your coach Is beautiful.  Enjoy and don't forget the pics.      1995 was a very good year. IMHO.

Reply #2
Welcome.
 Your coach Is beautiful.  Enjoy and don't forget the pics.      1995 was a very good year. IMHO.
I personally think that--on balance--the 1995 U320 is the very best Foretravel ever...

Reply #3
Ditto. The amount of detailed information available is amazing, too. Documentation (and this Forum) provide a terrific resource to keep these coaches running well. I enjoy fewer "big surprises" each year as we comb the burrs out of our rig.

Our...

Reply #4
Less electronic gizmo's, the better.
We bought our coach for all those same reason's
Sweet ride you got.
Welcome to the club
Chris

• Carol & Scott
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Welcome.   ^.^d

Reply #6
I ignored the age and am quite happy with a 30 year old coach, that is simple, beautiful, and performs very well, as 95% of systems are fully functional. Upgrades at at my choice, and timeline,  i will sink another 8k into it for upgrades t want.

Reply #7
Same for us with our 96 U295 that we've had for about 3 years now.  So, far, it's been very reliable in our logging ~20K miles since we purchased from MOT.

Reply #8
I had an opportunity to look at an older GV the other day, mine is a u320 , 2001. After looking at the older coach I can see where Foretavel got their reputation... just look at the latching mechanisms on the bay doors.. The older coach has a...

Reply #9
Dave,  do you have a picture of what you're referring to?  My '03 has bear claw latches with matching striker bolts.  Just curious.

• Andy 2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
T Man Dave might mean these

Reply #11
I might be at 1$ per mile plus fuel ,including the purchase price and upgrades.  KISS works for me .

Reply #12
Congratulations on your purchase.  We really like our '96, and I'm sure your '95 is even better.  We love the tambour doors on the cabinets and the old-school non-ducted a/c (I love white noise when sleeping in the coach).

Reply #13
T Man Dave might mean these
The flat bar stock mentioned by Dave must be the catch at the compartment lip.
I understand,  thanks.

Good luck with your new ride Nigel.

Reply #14
I have a 95 also. It's my first and only foretravel and my only motorhome. Like others have stated it's amazing of the features and quality of build. It has features that newer and more expensive coaches don't have. People when they step inside...

Reply #15
Sounds crazy but it's possible that our unique coaches may be worth more than some may think.

Book values and calculated depreciation may not be as much of a factor in the future.

Personally our 97 would be a premium item if we were to sell it.

Reply #16
Sounds crazy but it's possible that our unique coaches may be worth more than some may think. Personally our 97 would be a premium item if we were to sell it.Definite maybe
That's the way I...

Reply #17
Hard to buy down in build quality isn't it?

Reply #18
Sounds crazy but it's possible that our unique coaches may be worth more than some may think.

Book values and calculated depreciation may not be as much of a factor in the future.

Personally...

Reply #19
I was referring to the flat bar that runs from the handle assembly to the latch assembly.. It works but not a work of art.  The GV is a work of art. Yes they are both functional... but just saying... what a difference !

Safe Travels
Dave

Reply #20
I like the locks on storage doors on our 91GV, (twist to open and push in to lock).  Some are a little loose though and I'm not sure how to adjust them.  Has anyone done this before??   Thanks and have a great day  ----  Fritz

Reply #21
Age is just a Number, just like all of us! The very first time I laid eyes on a Foretravel, I knew I wanted one! That Journey took way longer than I expected!  This is my 7th RV, and First Motorcoach!   When I retired, from the USMC, my very...

Reply #22
The only RV that isn't 7 figures that I would trade our '89 for is a '95. As everyone else here has said, you made an excellent choice.

Reply #23
The photos of the latch assembly is exactly what I was talking about... Thank You for posting the photos.. Seriously, if you have an opportunity, check out the difference. And that is only one item !!!!
Safe Travels,
Dave

Reply #24
The 95 models while excellent have been updated considerably by 97's.

97 to present somewhat similar in design.

Screen door on 97's