Skip to main content

Topic: RV barn update (Read 2007 times) previous topic - next topic

RV barn update
After being tied up in the city planning department we finally have the permit and have broken ground.  Concrete pour is scheduled for Friday, weather permitting.  20'x44'

Re: RV barn update
Reply #1
Are you going to be able to at least stub out a sewer dump piping incase you want to add a sewer lift station in the future?

Mike

Reply #2
Are you going to be able to at least stub out a sewer dump piping incase you want to add a sewer lift station in the future?

Mike

X2 I have put the 4" PVC with duct tape over the end about 1/2...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #3
Sven, if you are using sliding doors and still can make sure the slab goes out under the doors not just where they are when closed but also where they are are open.

Reply #4
X2 I have put the 4" PVC with duct tape over the end about 1/2 " below surface of concrete so inspector could check everything out to their content and I could come back later to do the...

Reply #5
Sven, if you are using sliding doors and still can make sure the slab goes out under the doors not just where they are when closed but also where they are are open.
There will be a 3'...

Reply #6
My sewer clean out is in a front yard depression, which I have used to empty my tanks.  The drive way and buried utility lines (elec., gas, telephone and cable) lay between it and the "barn".  With the distance, I would have to dig down a ways to...

Reply #7
There is a slope next to the new garage where I could drop a sewer pipe down to my neighbors yard.  It would be short and have a decent drop and it might be good for the ice plant! >:D

Reply #8
The foundation pour is scheduled for Tuesday.  We are using #4 (1/2") rebar with a 6" slab.  I was asked about grooves.  I would like to get some opinions on the necessity or desirability of having grooves.  Pro:  Reduces chance of hairline...

Reply #9
The foundation pour is scheduled for Tuesday.  We are using #4 (1/2") rebar with a 6" slab. 
What is your quoted price per square foot for the finished slab, if you don't mind me asking? ...

Reply #10
My shop (coach house) has a fairly smooth floor,  it has spacers running the length of building between pours but none running across. My elevation drops 1" from east to west so when I want to power wash the floor the water runs out easily.  If I...

Reply #11
Chuck, in Arkansas six months ago I was quoted 100 Sq Ft
Chris

Reply #12
I did something like this in the shop.   When it is all done there is no gap but a thin plastic strip embedded in to the concrete.  I used 5000psi concrete with 1/2" rebar (don't recall spacing) 5" thick. 

• Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:17:07 pm by Roger & Susan in Home2

Reply #13
my 4 1/2" concrete slab and footings was $4.75 per sqft. installed. and that does not include the patio and pad at man door.  I think Chris must have fat fingered his keyboard.  Driveway approach was also $4.75.

Reply #14
What is your quoted price per square foot for the finished slab, if you don't mind me asking?  Trying to get a feel for roughly how bad it would hurt to do one for our poor old coach.
About...

Reply #15
Chuck check with some local concrete flatwork guys, as always location, location, location, as your price may vary quite considerably.

Reply #16
The foundation pour is scheduled for Tuesday.  We are using #4 (1/2") rebar with a 6" slab.  I was asked about grooves.  I would like to get some opinions on the necessity or desirability...

Reply #17
Post #11 was wrong it was suppose to say 100  Cu Yard
Chris

Reply #18
Wow, at 6" thick, Chris' pour would have covered 5,400 sqft.  50'x108'.  I want that barn.  There was probably a perimeter beam and load footings in there too so maybe a bit smaller.✅

Chris says it is 50x80.  I can only dream.
  • Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 07:10:03 pm by Roger & Susan in Home2

Reply #19
My current barn is 60x50 and I had the rebar and high psi (i don't remember what it is now) poured.  It did not have gloves cut in it and it has not yet cracked. I am sure it will someday but right now I am happy with the pour.  We were pretty...

Reply #20
My experience with concrete is the only thing guaranteed is a crack.  What happened to pricing concrete work by the yard?

Reply #21
Concrete is ordered by the yd, hauled by the yd, and priced by yd. Most homeowners can only relate to $ per sqft, besides it sounds cheaper. Polished concrete is a horrible idea, it always looks terrible, and nothing can fix it.

Reply #22
. Polished concrete is a horrible idea, it always looks terrible, and nothing can fix it.

Until you need to sweep it, then it looks great.  It can be quite handsome in itself or stained,...

Reply #23
My shop is hard machine troweled, easier to keep clean. 
Downstairs in the house steel machine troweled, acid etched and stained, looks like marble.
The barn is lightly brushed. Not slippery.  I use a leaf blower to clean it out

Reply #24
I would like a smooth finish for a couple of reasons.  I would like to be able to wipe up any oil, rather than have it seep into the concrete - this might require an epoxy paint or some other sealer.  Also, I'd like to easily sweep or blow out...