Skip to main content
Topic: New Diesel Fuel Discount Card Program (Read 19204 times) previous topic - next topic

New Diesel Fuel Discount Card Program

I have found a new Diesel Fleet Fuel Discount Program.  This program is available at Prevost Community Forum also.  The TSD Logistics company provides an EFS fleet fuel card now to Motorhome owners.  This is the card large trucking companies give to their drivers.

The discount on diesel fuel at Loves Truck Stops is 40 cents plus.  TA/Petro provides a discount of 30 cents plus and Pilot is only about 5 cents plus.  TSD earns a fee for processing the transaction of 10% of the discount.  Even with the 4 cent fee at Loves in my area, diesel is less than my farm friend pays for 3000 to 5000 gallons bulk purchase.  This is an excellent discount that will save you money.  There is no annual fee or cost beyond the 10% of the discount.  The discount is only at the mentioned truck stops at truck pumps.

AND the discount is calculated from posted cash price – not credit price.  So, if you have been paying credit price, this is 5 to 10 cents more savings.

I am providing a link below after the program description to click to access the application forms.  It is all online, secure and easy to sbmit.

THE PROGRAM

The program will require you to fill out a form authorizing Automated Clearing House Transactions (ACH Debit) and a EFS Fuel Card form with your information. There are terms and conditions you should read to understand your participation in the program.

There is no annual fee. TSD Logistics collects its fees by retaining 10% of the fuel savings.
You will be provided with a complete listing of TSD Logistics fuel prices based on state and city for Love's, TA/Petro and Pilot / Flying J.

Your participation in the program is limited to only diesel fuel, DEF, and propane. Discounts only apply to diesel fuel purchased at truck islands.

The way the fuel discount program works is TSD Logistics will issue you a card. At the pump you will swipe the card and you will enter needed security information. When the pump is activated, pump your fuel, hang up the nozzle and drive away. At the end of the day or the following day you will receive an email summary of the transaction. The funds will automatically be deducted from the account you provided.

This program will provide deep discounts at Love's locations and while there are no penalties for low volume purchases please understand each transaction has a cost to TSD. We would encourage users of the program to act responsibly by using the program for large fuel purchases so we remain in good standing with the program provider.

In the event you need to communicate at any time with team at the fuel desk at TSD Logistics you may call or email the following:
Fuel Desk: 1-800-275-5089

Tara Rape
Direct: 903-831-8944
Cell: 903-748-6896
Email: Trape@tsdinc.com

Gina Leeper
Direct: 903-831-8941
Email: Gleeper@tsdinc.com

Courtney Mosley
Direct: 903-831-8906
Email: Cmosley@tsdinc.com

The Link
 Fuel Card Application - RV | TSD Logistics - Freight Services for Bulk Shippers
Rudy Legett
2003 U320 4010 ISM 450 hp
2001 U320 4220 ISM 450 hp
1995 U320 M11 400 hp
1990 Granvilla 300 hp 3208T
Aqua Hot Service Houston and Southeast Texas

Using New TSD Fuel Card

Reply #1
Thursday, I fueled at Love's Baytown.  Cash price was $2.85, TSD price was $2.43.  Saved $0.42 per gallon.  After the TSD fee, my price was $2.47 per gallon or savings of $0.38 per gallon which is $38 per 100 gallon purchase.

My grass farm friend purchases road diesel 3000+ gallons at a time for $2.48 per gallon.  This is serious savings.

At the pump

Insert card and enter PIN number
Select Tractor
Skip DEF (select if you need DEF)
Skip Cash Advance
Skip additional products
FUEL and Leave

Friday morning I received an email detailing the transaction, more info than I wanted to know.  This included the amount to be debited from my bank and the date of the debit.

NO going inside to authorize and NO going inside to get a receipt.  EASY  What is not to like.
Rudy Legett
1995 U320 M11 400 hp

Re: Using New TSD Fuel Card

Reply #2
Any limit on how many gallons (or how many dollars) you can pump at each fill-up?

Will you get a end-of-month (or monthly end-of-billing-period) email statement?
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Re: Using New TSD Fuel Card

Reply #3
Chuck,  You set the limit per day that you can purchase, mine is $800 per day, no cut off.

Next day is an email detailing the purchase, ie, receipt with more info than you can imagine.  The next business day, TSD debits the bank account you provided, no credit card transaction fees that way.

Send me your email address and I will forward my transaction email to you.  jrlegett at gmail dot com
Rudy Legett
1995 U320 M11 400 hp

Re: New Diesel Fuel Discount Card Program

Reply #4
This sounds great Rudy!  I just received my Pilot corporate card that can be swiped at the pump.  No going inside and can use either my Good Sam or Pilot discount card.  They won't apply both.  Next, by end of month your bill must be paid in full.  Will look into the TSD deal as well.  Thank you for sharing!
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #5
Thanks Rudy! That looks like a great deal!  ^.^d  ^.^d  ^.^d

see ya
ken
The selected media item is not currently available.ken & dori hathaway & Big Agnes
🍺1992 U300 GrandVilla WTBI #4150 FOT FBP 2011
✨6V-92TA DDEC Parlor Coach 350HP Series 92
🏁2011 Nissan XTerra Pro-4X

Reply #6
Joe,  Does your Pilot corporate card have a 40 cent discount like the TSD card does at Loves?
Rudy Legett
1995 U320 M11 400 hp

Reply #8
Rudy - care to summarize the differences between this and the other Prevost Community program from Profit Tools?

Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #9
Rudy's initial entry pretty much tells everything about this new program. The nice thing is the lack of a annual fee and if you are under 100 gallons, you don't get dinged for it. We just signed up for the Profit program, but think we will switch to this one.
Lynn and Linda Day and Harry the pug
RIP: Tank 01-2008 to 03-2020
2012 Nimbus 42' build 6555
ISX12-500hp
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
MC# 17723

Reply #10
Have had the proffit cards for 4 years, sometimes works at pilot/flying j, but always at loves.
They have a small transaction fee and no limits, but have only seen 10 cents off the cash price.
Jim C.
coachfree, previous 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2003 Foretravels.

Reply #11
That is my coach we fueled on Rudy's card yesterday to try out his new card. Worked great! Saved 20 bucks off the $150 that the pump read at the end of the fill up.
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #12
Michelle,

Profit has $25 annual fee, TSD has no annual fee
Profit gives 10 off at Love's, posted cash everywhere else.
TSD give 40+ cents off at Loves, 30+ cents off at TA, 30+ cents off at Petro, 5 cents off at Pilot, posted cash price everywhere else
Profit charges $1.5 for out of network, ie. not at Loves, TSD has no out of network
Profit charges $1 for less than 100 gallons, TSD has no minimum so a top off just before parking for a while has no penaty
TSD charges 10% of discount off of posted cash price.  EFS card good at all truck pumps nation wide so when not at one of the above truck stops, no discount off of cash so no fee to TSD but they still process the transaction. 

The Loves in my area discount price is less than bulk road diesel at 3000 gallon purchase.

Purchase 100 gallons at Loves nation wide and save $40 off of posted cash price

Hope this helps
Rudy Legett
1995 U320 M11 400 hp

Reply #13
David,

EFS is a fleet fuel card.  This is one of the cards fleet owners give their drivers to purchase diesel at truck pumps for the fleet trucks.  The fleet owner pays the diesel bill, not the driver.  There are other fleet fuel cards just like there are various credit cards.

TSD Logistics and Profit Tools are two companies that administer fuel programs using the EFS card.  Similar to Chase Bank and Bank of America being two banks that administer programs using VISA credit cards.

Terms of the program are set by the administering company, not EFS.  My credit union has better ViSA terms than did Bank of America.

EFS has the network to send purchase transactions to the administering company similar to VISA and other credit cards.

Gina at TSD is watching how many motorhome owners Foreforum, Newell Guru forum and Prevost Community Forum are ushering into the TSD system.  Filling one of the forum names and/or my name in the "referred by" box groups us all together making all us of a large group they want to take good care of, a big fleet with lots of business.  Not just one lone motorhome owner.  Gina is very easy to talk to, answers all question and is our go to gal.

I get a daily email of today's discount purchase price nation wide for the four truckstops.  Sen me you email and I will send anyone a email so you can see diesel discount price where ever you are.

There is no place, big or small, car or truck or 3000 gallon bulk that is less than Loves and TSD in my area.

I have a separate checking account at my credit union to keep them from accessing my regular account.  No one is credit checked.  If you apply you will receive a card and can purchase, in my case $800 of diesel as that is the limit I set, with no money at TSD.  TSD is totally exposed to the EFS system for payment of the part EFS and the truck stop wants.

So a social security number is needed to assure TSD which Rudy Legett they are looking for if I do not pony up the money.  One can fax the application in, I listed that number in my post.  OR, one can omit the SS number, send the application in and phone the SS number to Gina which is also secure as is the fax.  No SS number, TSD is not going to trust you to pay up as they are exposed with no money in reserve to access.

This is the real deal if you like it.  If you do not, do what makes you happy.
Rudy Legett
1995 U320 M11 400 hp

Reply #14
Thanks for posting the comparison Rudy.  I thought it would be useful to have for folks who are wondering what the pros and cons of each program are to help them make an informed decision.

Do you think we should make topic one a sticky as well since the Profit Tools one is?
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #15
Yes Mam, I sure do.

My Newell friend just posted he purchased fuel in Tallula, LA, for $2.53 with the pump showing $3.03.  That is 50 cents per gallon.  Where can one purchase 100 gallons for $40 to $50 less than at a truck stop.  No where in my area.

Thanks for all you do for all of us.
Rudy Legett
1995 U320 M11 400 hp

Reply #16
I was just listing a link to the topic on IRV2... its a good read and gets the myths taken care of if anyone was wondering..I think its a great idea and the cost saving is important to anyone that wants to save money.. if you dont then do as you may... Plenty of people using it and it is working great.

I will probably sign up and have it as a reserve card... so when I can use it and when I need it, I have it.

Reply #17
David,  I like my card and the service I get from Gina.  I trust you will too.

I do have two friends that do not buy enough diesel to get a card.  Do not know how saving 40 plus dollars anytime they fill up is not inviting, go figure.

All the very best.
Rudy Legett
1995 U320 M11 400 hp

Reply #18
The only way it might be better is if one could drive on their money and pay the bill at the end of the month.  :)
Scott & Carol Seibert
2001 42' double slide U320 - Sold
Previous - 2002 36' U320

Reply #19
And of course as usual it is not available to Canadians no doubt who travel many times throughout US A but have a cndn SS# not a US one. I do have a US bank account as well.
JohnH
Coachless, now use aircraft.
1994 Ford E350 ClassC,total renovation inside and out. Now sold.
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674. Sold
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins. Sold
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116. Sold
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.

Reply #20
Downloaded the form from your link.  Will complete and send.  Sounds like a useful (no going in, standing in line, handing over a card, and so on....) program.  I am often tested when using GAS BUDDY to find a place that I can get in and out of when chasing cheaper fuel.  Wish something like this had been available when we full timed.  Thanks Rudy.
Carolyn and Lewis (Andy1) Anderson
1996 U270 36'

Reply #21
Thanks Rudy!
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains

Reply #22
After sleeping on it, we have decided we need to try this program.  Our sincere thanks to Rudy for posting the info!  ^.^d

We are currently using a fleet card from PetroCard (used to be provided by Pioneer Fuel but they got out of the RV fuel card business).  The main benefit of PetroCard is having access to the unattended automated cardlock network stations all across the country.  These are often cleaner and less congested than the big truck stops, and we prefer to use them when convenient to our travel route.  However, the PetroCard does not provide any discounted price - we always pay the local posted price.  The card does work as a "swipe and pump" card at Love's Travel Stops, but again at the posted (cash) price.  Billing is via a once-a-month debit from our bank account, with 7 days warning (email statement) before the cash is withdrawn.

Since we already maintain a "minimum balance" 2nd online bank account set up to handle the PetroCard debits, using this TSD card will be pretty much the same.  Only change is we will have to move funds into the account more frequently (every time we stop for fuel), but thanks to instant 24hr online communications with our bank (USAA), this is no big deal.

I hope the TSD program is successful, and they attract enough RV customers to make it worthwhile.  Perhaps in the future they will even expand the program to include other fuel providers.  Making it work (with a discount) at automated cardlock stations would be a BIG plus, in my opinion.

For those who decide to sign up, PLEASE note there is a referral blank on the form.  Please fill in Rudy Legett and/or Foreforums.com so TSD knows how many folks from this forum are participating.
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #23
JohnH,  Please call Gina Monday and inquire into what they might be able to do for you.  The EFS card discount is good at all Loves.  So when you are in the colonies you could save a bunch of money.

The SSN is to identify the specific person they are looking for in the event payment is not made.  If you and Gina can agree on how to locate you and debit an account, I bet you are on.

Do check this out.  You are not out till Gina says so.
Rudy Legett
1995 U320 M11 400 hp

Reply #24
Thanks RUDY,
PS we spoke a few weeks ago on the phone.
I was looking through my coach paperwork and found an invoice from you, looks like you've had your hands on the aquahot.
Frank & Daisy
NO LONGER  "looking for the perfect Foretravel
36' or less non slide preferred."  She has been found and is ours.
2003 U320 36' non slide  Unit 6103
Cummins ISM 450
Allison 4000MH