Skip to main content

Topic: secret? switches inside dash (Read 387 times) previous topic - next topic

secret? switches inside dash
2002 U295 36'      I'm installing an electronic trailer brake controller in the coach and was able to find the extra wires loom inside the dash, nice! I was searching around for the retarder brake light relay. I would like to delete the brake...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: secret? switches inside dash
Reply #1
Lots of info on the forum.  Those are momentary switches so you can read codes from the Allison Transmission and and Cummins ECUs when you have a check engine lights, etc.

There's also one near the middle of the dash whose purpose is the momentary...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
My retarder brake light relay was behind a carpeted small panel in front of the brake pedal on the floor on my 2000 U320

Reply #3
Michelle and Keith, thank you for the info. Jim.

Reply #4
My retarder brake light relay was behind a carpeted small panel in front of the brake pedal on the floor on my 2000 U320
Thanks for the picture, I will add a switch to the trigger wire to that relay...

Reply #5
It's kind of funny, we all have such differences of opinion... I think the brake lights coming on with the retarder is one of the best safety idea's someone came up with !
Having driven truck many years I really appreciate brake lights.. The...

Reply #6
It's kind of funny, we all have such differences of opinion... I think the brake lights coming on with the retarder is one of the best safety idea's someone came up with !
Having driven...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
The brake lights don't flash when activated by the retarder they stay on, while on they activate the electric trailer brakes too which isn't good for the trailer brakes.
That's a good idea craneman if I knew which wire was the trigger

Reply #8
The brake lights don't flash when activated by the retarder they stay on, while on they activate the electric trailer brakes too which isn't good for the trailer brakes.
That's a good idea craneman...

Reply #9
Dave , you are absolutely correct about the safety aspect. I had planned on using a switch on the relay ground wire but this will require  more driving attention on my part. The retarder activating the brake lights is a great safety feature but...

Reply #10
The ground wire would be much easier to find. I was trying to avoid taking the panel off beside the drivers seat to trace a wire on a switch that might not even be in that location.