Skip to main content

Topic: Price of Coffee (Read 886 times) previous topic - next topic

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Price of Coffee
So how much do you have to spend to enjoy your coffee in the morning. Turns out to be about 3% of a two 8D system. When we dry camp we usually use the gas stove and those Starbuck packets for coffee. However, on this trip we're using our 1500...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Price of Coffee
Reply #1
I drink about 6 cups a day. I use a Coleman camp pot to heat 12 cups of water on my gas stove, then pour the water into a Mr. Coffee pot, then pour it through a modified Mr. Coffee basket and filter (with Folgers Classic Roast) back into the...

• Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:34:00 pm by Dakota Slim

Reply #2
Last campground I had some neighbors from New Mexico that used on of these on their gas stove:

Camping Coffeemaker | Coleman

I use my generator and a regular drip pot.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I do not do coffee but Ruth loves a cup of Nespresso coffee first thing. We have 3 of the machines around so not a problem. She also uses the drip type if a larger volume is needed.
JohnH

• Pyolet
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
After trying percolators on the stovetop, Keurig, and instant, I absolutely must make a pot of fresh brewed coffee every morning in my Capresso grinder/brew machine whether plugged in or on inverter.  Uses about 70 amp/hours of battery juice on...

Reply #5
I tried our Starbucks Verismo pod coffee maker in our coach.  No go.

It pulses it's heater over a few seconds.  Gen loads up the adds throttle for the load then has to throttle back.  Voltage swings a lot. 

Inverter same thing. 

Probably need a...

Reply #6
We do a pour over directly into a themal caraffe.  Water is heated in our electric water kettle or use the gas stove to heat water in our regular tea kettle. I like Starbucks Espresso Roast and Morning Joe coffees.  Peets decaf French Roast too. ...

Reply #7
Call me boring............ ::) 
 I prefer a percolator on a gas burner and some Folgers Classic roast.

Reply #8
We do the the Sam's Organic Sumatran Dark Roast Coffee.  We heat up the water on the stove or in a electric kettle, then we use a Double-Wall Stainless Steel French Press to seep and strain the coffee.  French press makes 8 cups and keeps warm...

Reply #9
Trader Joe's Colombian beans
Mr. Coffee grinder (18yrs old)
Mr. Coffee drip machine (18yrs old)
Horizon organic half + half to taste.
Mmm mornings never tasted so good 😊

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Chock Full O Nuts in my cup

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Black & Decker coffee maker (mounted in the same holes the previous owner put in the coach o'head cabinet)
Folger's Classic Roast and two heaping scoops, seven cups of water, and a "pinch" of salt for each cup--to eliminate the bitterness--try it,...

Reply #12
We do a pour over directly into a themal caraffe. 
+2 on the pour over!  (actually only me, since Nancy doesn't drink coffee). 

Reply #13
Haven't drunk coffee for several years, only tea, then I got a Nespresso espresso maker. Now again addicted to coffee. I find as I get older, I need that caffeine more and more. Still like tea but not as much now.

Reply #14
I prefer Bacon with my coffee........... 8)

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Black & Decker coffee maker (mounted in the same holes the previous owner put in the coach o'head cabinet)
Folger's Classic Roast and two heaping scoops, seven cups of water, and a "pinch" of...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Wally World camping percolator on the gas stove top for us. 😎👍

Reply #17
Anyone drink Chai tea, delish. I never thought about cost, everyone's life has value and that's priceless, enjoy every moment!!

• Dave Head
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Jura Capresso super automatic. Once you've had one you'll never have anything else.

Reply #19
+1 Jura S7

Reply #20
Anyone else roast their own beans?

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Jura Capresso super automatic. Once you've had one you'll never have anything else.
Wife bought one 2 months ago.. makes  me a cappuccino (I think it is) with the froth.. Cost me about...

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Nespresso traveler. Small, easy to use and makes a great espresso cup!

Reply #23
Jura S7 in WA, Nesspresso in Chicago, boat and Coach, along with frother with each Nespresso.
Considering taking Nespresso out of coach in favor of smaller Jura. I am usually alone and drink of choice is a latte

Reply #24
Pour over direct into Yeti tumbler or French press for plus 16 ounces. Use paper filter on pour over for easy clean up. Use free trade organic coffee.