Skip to main content

Topic: Anti freeze question (Read 451 times) previous topic - next topic

Anti freeze question
Since I am going to need in the vicinity of 15 gallons of antifreeze for the engine and the aqua hot I would like the input from the guru's here on type. I know that I need ethylene glycol antifreeze (the green stuff). My question is does anyone...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Anti freeze question
Reply #1
Might be a good time to switch to the ELC that doesn't need testing or adding of chemicals. "The Final Charge" product is what I am using as it matches the factory ELC specs. that came new on my coach. Available at Walmart and other easy to buy...

Reply #2
Check the label before purchasing.

Reply #3
Running the red extended life in my Cat. Cat put it in.
Regular green, Walmarts best in Kabota gen set
We changed out most the coaches to red Texaco extended life in the late 80's-90's at Foretravel

Reply #4
I'm changing ours over to Peak Final Charge Global, within the next few weeks. (PO put conventional in when the radiator was replaced) I bought 5 gallons of the concentrate to get the SG correct, since there will be some distilled water left in...

Reply #5
Thanks for the input everyone. Keep them coming. I have till sometime next week probably.

Larry

• Jack L
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Thanks for the input everyone. Keep them coming. I have till sometime next week probably.

Larry

This is my input.  I have used the following Lifetime red anti freeze in my last two rvs.  I am not...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Get the ES complete and change any questionable hoses.

• Jack L
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Get the ES complete and change any questionable hoses.

There are more than one Cummins ES Compleat.  One is blue ES Complete Ethylene Glycol and one is red ES Complete OAT.

ES Complete coolant and...

Reply #9
To be honest I've not changed my filter since owning it. I didn't realize it existed till we were working on the turbo and I asked the mechanic. He wasn't sure, but thought it was for coolant filter. I did research and yep that was it for sure....

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Think I'd be a little leary if he was not sure about the coolant filter.

Reply #11
IMPORTANT: The correct coolant filter depends on what coolant you use.

With the modern ELC coolants it must be a filter BLANK-- which provides filtration, but no SCA.

With the old-style low silicate with added SCA coolant, the coolant must be...

Reply #12
Thanks Brett. I appreciate the warning. I've had a very frustrating day on other matters, it's good to know someone has my back side.

Larry

Reply #13
I use Fleetguard WF2123 which is an extended life coolant filter and replace it every 3 years.