Skip to main content

Topic: Replacement Sink (Read 401 times) previous topic - next topic

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Replacement Sink
This 270 has a stainless two-tub sink. I want to replace it with a single tub but I'm having trouble finding a size match. The cutout is 24 3/8 X 17 5/8. Anyone done this? Thanks.
jor

Re: Replacement Sink
Reply #1
Jor,
A forum member did his sink about a year ago.  He changed out his sink, microwave and stove.  Here is the link to his post.  Hope it works.
John M.

Kitchen Remodel

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #2
Jor, 

If you do much in the way of boondocking, I would advise keeping your divided sink.  We have the single sink and every time Barb does dishes either she wastes a few gallons of water by filling the sink a few inches deep or washes the dishes...

Reply #3
We do boondock and use a small container when washing dishes. We just prefer a larger one bowl sink.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Here is the link to his post. 

Just what I'm looking for. Sent a PM. Gracias.
jro

Reply #5
I rigged up a 1 gallon garden sprayer by taking off the long nozzle and reattaching.  My wife uses that when dry camping to rinse dishes, works well and saves a lot of water.

Reply #6
Long long ago every ftx buyer had me install a dishmaster faucet if it did not have one.

Hose with the brush on the end?  Soap in the base of the unit. 

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
OP here. I ended up following in Mark's esteemed footsteps and installed a single tub from Home Depot. I removed the clip rails which were spot welded on the underside of the lip and was able to avoid any corian cutting. I did have to drill new...

Reply #8
How did you slip fit the new sink under the corian ??

Hans

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #9
Jor,
Looks great, good job.  Glad it worked out for you. I am by no means criticizing your work, but I noticed in the drain setup, when you went from double to single sink, you removed the drain trap and Studor valve.  If that pipe goes straight...

Reply #10
Has a HepvO valve.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11

Reply #12
Jor,
If that pipe goes straight to your tank, you may get smells coming from the holding tank if you don't have a drain trap, and without the Studor, you may not get a good drain.

He used this:

Reply #13
How it works..
https://youtu.be/7Wiuygm5NUk
John M.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
How did you slip fit the new sink under the corian ??

I couldn't find an under mount that would fit. This one lays on top of the Corian. I removed the rails and sealed it to the corian. See photos. By the way, you can see that my Harbor...

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #15
Jor, I stand corrected.  Not only did I not notice it, but I had never heard of it.  However......I have one on the way !
I like the way it gives the extra space under the sink.  Thanks for using it and teaching me something.