Skip to main content
Topic: Replacement Sink (Read 733 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacement Sink

This 270 has a stainless two-tub sink. I want to replace it with a single tub but I'm having trouble finding a size match. The cutout is 24 3/8 X 17 5/8. Anyone done this? Thanks.
jor

Re: Replacement Sink

Reply #1
Jor,
A forum member did his sink about a year ago.  He changed out his sink, microwave and stove.  Here is the link to his post.  Hope it works.
John M.

Kitchen Remodel
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #2
Jor, 

If you do much in the way of boondocking, I would advise keeping your divided sink.  We have the single sink and every time Barb does dishes either she wastes a few gallons of water by filling the sink a few inches deep or washes the dishes in a bowl to conserve water.

I have thought several times about putting a divided sink in my coach to use less water.
1998 U320 40'
2005 GMC Yukon
MC# 17609

Reply #3
We do boondock and use a small container when washing dishes. We just prefer a larger one bowl sink.

Reply #4
Here is the link to his post. 

Just what I'm looking for. Sent a PM. Gracias.
jro

Reply #5
I rigged up a 1 gallon garden sprayer by taking off the long nozzle and reattaching.  My wife uses that when dry camping to rinse dishes, works well and saves a lot of water.
Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
no longer 1999 36' U320 build #5522
2013 Rzr 570 & 2018 Ranger XP1000
2006 Lexus GX470
2011 Tahoe LT 4x4
Previous 1998 45' 2 slide Newell, 1993 39' Newell

Reply #6
Long long ago every ftx buyer had me install a dishmaster faucet if it did not have one.

Hose with the brush on the end?  Soap in the base of the unit. 
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #7
OP here. I ended up following in Mark's esteemed footsteps and installed a single tub from Home Depot. I removed the clip rails which were spot welded on the underside of the lip and was able to avoid any corian cutting. I did have to drill new holes for the faucet and filtered water deal. That corian cut like butter. Easier than wood.

I also installed a HepvO valve which eliminated the p-trap and air admittance valve. Made for lots more room under the sink. We had already removed the slide out drawer which we never used.

Here's the before and afters. We like this setup much better. Now maybe we can get out of here one of these days and enjoy it.
jor

Reply #8
How did you slip fit the new sink under the corian ??

Hans
Hans & Marjet
1995 U300 "Ben" (#4719)
3176B Cat,4060HD,Jake
SKP#139131
Motorcade#17579
2006 Honda Element (towed)

Reply #9
Jor,
Looks great, good job.  Glad it worked out for you. I am by no means criticizing your work, but I noticed in the drain setup, when you went from double to single sink, you removed the drain trap and Studor valve.  If that pipe goes straight to your tank, you may get smells coming from the holding tank if you don't have a drain trap, and without the Studor, you may not get a good drain.
Again, great work, looks good.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Reply #10
Has a HepvO valve.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #12
Jor,
If that pipe goes straight to your tank, you may get smells coming from the holding tank if you don't have a drain trap, and without the Studor, you may not get a good drain.

He used this:
Introducing HepvO - the Sanitary Waste Valve

Jor, It does look like this gives you alot more room under the sink. Please let us know, how happy you are with the way the sink drains.
97 U295 40, Build #5040, 6C8.3 325 HP
Oregon Continuous Traveler
Samsung Residential #RF20HFENBSR,
Xantrex SW2012, (3)AGM8D Hse, (2)AGM Grp24 Eng, Victron BMV-712, 1800w Solar 4 LG & 2 Sunpower
Extreme Full Body Pt w/hdlmps, new furn/floor, 4 down Lexus 2004 GX470 AWD curb weight 4,740 lbs
Prev: 1990 Barth, 10L 300 2 yrs; 91&92 Monaco Signature, 10 yrs, 10L C 300 &  6C8.3 300; 1997 ForeT 6C8.3 325 since May 2017.  Employed by Guaranty RV 14+ yrs.  Former VW New Car Dlr/Service Dlr, Sales Mgr, Rv Sales, and Service Adviser from 1968-2017
"Don't criticize what you can't understand" Bob Dylan

Reply #13
How it works..
https://youtu.be/7Wiuygm5NUk
John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #14
How did you slip fit the new sink under the corian ??

I couldn't find an under mount that would fit. This one lays on top of the Corian. I removed the rails and sealed it to the corian. See photos. By the way, you can see that my Harbor Freight jack is still proving useful!

Please let us know, how happy you are with the way the sink drains.
Drains just like before. I ran the water for awhile and filled the sink a few inches and drained.
jor

Reply #15
Jor, I stand corrected.  Not only did I not notice it, but I had never heard of it.  However......I have one on the way !
I like the way it gives the extra space under the sink.  Thanks for using it and teaching me something.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Reply #16
Update on the HepvO valve, the gizmo that replaces the p-trap.

Finally got traveling. The HepvO valve works fine. Drains the same as the p-trap and no odor. When we get back from this trip I'm going to do away with the bathroom sink p-trap too. Love the single sink too!
jor