Skip to main content

Topic: TST wireless tire pressure monitoring system (Read 876 times) previous topic - next topic

TST wireless tire pressure monitoring system
My camping friends had this on their rigs and it seemed well worth the $368.02 price to know the tire pressures and temps going down the road. . Walmart.com was the best price for the monitor, repeater for a trailer and 6 sensors. Works great....

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: TST wireless tire pressure monitoring system
Reply #1
I reach between the tires to get at them.

Reply #2
They make a flow through tire sensor also, then you won't have to take the sensors off to check or add air.

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
You can have the valve stems turned so they face out not in

Reply #4
Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System

Reply #5
I have this system, 8 years now.  Works great.  I have flow through on the coach and caps on the toad.  As I replace coach sensors I am switching to caps. I take the sensors off to add air to the coach tires any way, much faster than through the...

Reply #6
As I replace coach sensors I am switching to caps. I take the sensors off to add air to the coach tires any way, much faster than through the sensor.
Plus, using caps instead of...

Reply #7
I find it very useful and comforting. I would not travel without mine. Did you know you can program it to skip (or separate) front and rear axles on coach and toad vehicles to make it easier to read in the display? No repeater needed for reaching...

Reply #8
I agree about them being worth it.   I saved a tire by stopping before it got low when the alarm was triggered by rapid loss.   The roadside people (thank you coach-net) pulled a piece of steel spike out of it and were able to repair the hole. 

Reply #9
Years ago in a previous coach, I was driving on fairly new tires somewhere between Del Rio and Big Bend when the curbside tag axle tire ran over some kind of spike. The first indication I had was when I heard a muffled explosion from the rear of...

Reply #10
The previous owner had the TST tire pressure monitoring system on this coach. It's the older black and white model and he had another 1 as a spare. The first one start working soon after the buttons wouldn't work right so I switched out the...

Reply #11
I have used the TST for some time.  Very happy with it.  Good customer tech support.  Repeater is mainly to keep out interference from truckers and other sources.  I think it is a good investment because alot of times you create a leak at valve...

Reply #12
I put our TST system on last week.  It was easy and works great.  A Moderator for another group I'm in got a 20% off deal when ordering from TST Truck.   I'm not sure how long the offer was to last.  If you decide to get the TST try using...

Reply #13
I emailed them tonight so we'll find out if they'll give me credit for the grayscale monitors that I have that don't work. I have the flo through sensors. They don't recommend those on nonmetal stems. But I used them on my Jeep without any...

Reply #14
I put our TST system on last week.  It was easy and works great.  A Moderator for another group I'm in got a 20% off deal when ordering from TST Truck.   I'm not sure how long...

Reply #15
Ordered a 6 sensor flow through set.  Discount worked fine.  Thanks

Reply #16
I was going to order a few extra sensors.  Last time I ordered flow through were $50and the caps were $35.  They are all $62 now!

Use the discount code.

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #17
Got my TST system yesterday and all set up. Getting ready to take a trip and I believe it is going to be a great peace of mind when driving, and I won't have to walk around doing the "tire thunk" with my little bat. :)
I do have a question, I run 95...

Reply #18
Just set the pressure cold and it will show you how much it goes up. The margin built in allows for normal temp and pressure rises.

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #19
Thanks Craneman, Yep, I have them all set to the Cold PSI, was just kinda curious if anyone had an idea of how much the PSI and Temp rises when the tires heat up on the road.

Reply #20
Yes, temperature and pressure increases as the tire heats up from highway friction and rising ambient temperature. I have seen as much as twenty degrees as the ambient temp rises from 8 AM to 1 or2 PM.. i run 61 psi cold temp in all six tires and...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
I've seen over ten degrees split with just the sun. Running heavy the important number for me has been 140deg. Time to slow down. Operating at or above will cause tire failures. That being said. 115 degrees outside and the road temp will be above...

Reply #22
Mark, your tires will heat up and pressures go up. 10 psi is not uncommon.  Even more.  Set you pressure in the morning in the shade.  Use a tire pressure gauge that you know is good.  It is not unusual to have some variation in the pressure...

Reply #23
One of the best features is the rapid loss warning  I had a spike in a rear tag tire.  They were heated up after driving several hours in the Texas summer.  When the alarm sounded I began looking for a place to pull over.  By the time I found a...

Reply #24
High temp. warning saved my rotor on the front right when the caliper stuck after an emergency stop. Car entered the highway right in front of me at 70 mph in Texas on my way to Xtreme.