Skip to main content
Topic: TST wireless tire pressure monitoring system (Read 1507 times) previous topic - next topic

TST wireless tire pressure monitoring system

My camping friends had this on their rigs and it seemed well worth the $368.02 price to know the tire pressures and temps going down the road. . Walmart.com was the best price for the monitor, repeater for a trailer and 6 sensors. Works great. TST-507 -rv-6. Bit difficult getting the inside dual monitors on the valve stems because I don't have full length extensions. They always have caused me leaks on any vehicle so I won't use them
1996 U295-36, Cummins 300hp, 8.3. Build number 4864. Vin number 1F97D536XTNO54271. Purchased October 31, 2019.

Re: TST wireless tire pressure monitoring system

Reply #1
I reach between the tires to get at them.
Peter and Frieda Morin
1999 36ft. U320 Foretravel
Build # 5436
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Reply #2
They make a flow through tire sensor also, then you won't have to take the sensors off to check or add air.
Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
no longer 1999 36' U320 build #5522
2013 Rzr 570 & 2018 Ranger XP1000
2006 Lexus GX470
2011 Tahoe LT 4x4
Previous 1998 45' 2 slide Newell, 1993 39' Newell

Reply #3
You can have the valve stems turned so they face out not in
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #4
Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System
Frank & Connie Williams
1999 U320 '36
Build: 5466
MC: 18335

Reply #5
I have this system, 8 years now.  Works great.  I have flow through on the coach and caps on the toad.  As I replace coach sensors I am switching to caps. I take the sensors off to add air to the coach tires any way, much faster than through the sensor. B/W monitor is a bit easier to read than the color but both are fine.  Color one doesn't need the repeater for me.

Reply #6
As I replace coach sensors I am switching to caps. I take the sensors off to add air to the coach tires any way, much faster than through the sensor.
Plus, using caps instead of flow-thru sensors eliminates one potential point of air leakage, and very slightly reduces the weight of the sensor.
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #7
I find it very useful and comforting. I would not travel without mine. Did you know you can program it to skip (or separate) front and rear axles on coach and toad vehicles to make it easier to read in the display? No repeater needed for reaching the sensors on the toad from my 36ft coach. Sensor battery replacement recommended every year but mine lasted 3 years before I broke down and replaced them. Hopefully my attachment shows what the display looks like with the axles separated.
Walt, Dawn, Matt & the Poodles
99 36' U320 #5515 MC #17977 "Axle"
Not All Who Wander Are Lost (not original but I like it)

Reply #8
I agree about them being worth it.  I saved a tire by stopping before it got low when the alarm was triggered by rapid loss.  The roadside people (thank you coach-net) pulled a piece of steel spike out of it and were able to repair the hole. 

Also yesterday as I was preparing the coach for a 1100 mile drive checking the tires only involved turning on the monitor and let it give me a report.  I like that a lot.
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #9
Years ago in a previous coach, I was driving on fairly new tires somewhere between Del Rio and Big Bend when the curbside tag axle tire ran over some kind of spike. The first indication I had was when I heard a muffled explosion from the rear of the coach.  The tire was shredded but the tread was in one piece and I could see the puncture hole.  As Rick Johnston says, "Thank you Coach-Net."  They had us back underway with only a short delay. 

Between the new tire and the fiberglass repair we were out several times what a TPMS costs.  We immediately purchased a Pressure Pro system and have not been without one ever since. 

Richard
Jan & Richard Witt
1999 U-320  36ft WTFE
Build Number: 5478 Motorcade: 16599
2008 Roadtrek Adventurous RS Sprinter
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Jan: NO5U, Richard:KA5RIW

Reply #10
The previous owner had the TST tire pressure monitoring system on this coach. It's the older black and white model and he had another 1 as a spare. The first one start working soon after the buttons wouldn't work right so I switched out the spare. That one also is kind of annoying it's supposed to ignore the tires that you haven't programmed but it doesn't so it shows tires that aren't there and I find that the black and white screen is pretty much unreadable most of the time for me. I've been thinking of upgrading to the color one but really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on another dud. I haven't really look too much into other systems. I also need one for the toad obviously and I found that the TST model did not reach the back wheels of my tires and would need a repeater. The new models come with the repeater. Since I have the crossfire on my rear tires I only need 8 sensors. Also found that my batteries didn't last more than a year and some of the gaskets leaked. I've been meaning to call the company and see if they would give me a deal on upgrading to the color monitor with 8 sensors and a repeater but since I'm not the original purchaser I'm not sure that they'll do that. But still wouldn't hurt to try.
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
1500 Watts Solar 600 amp Victron lithium
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #11
I have used the TST for some time.  Very happy with it.  Good customer tech support.  Repeater is mainly to keep out interference from truckers and other sources.  I think it is a good investment because alot of times you create a leak at valve stem when you check the air pressure.  This is what prompted my purchase.
Jerry & Nanci
1999 U270 34'WTFI
2011 Malibu
A smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows when to say it.

Reply #12
I put our TST system on last week.  It was easy and works great.  A Moderator for another group I'm in got a 20% off deal when ordering from TST Truck.  I'm not sure how long the offer was to last.  If you decide to get the TST try using "UnitedRV20" for the discount code.  I hope the offer is still good.

Glen

I'm not affiliated with United RV or TST.

Retired Nurse and Bat Chief
2001 U320 36' 450 Cummins
Past 1981 Bluebird 36' 3208 Cat
HD2500 Chevy Toad

Reply #13
I emailed them tonight so we'll find out if they'll give me credit for the grayscale monitors that I have that don't work. I have the flo through sensors. They don't recommend those on nonmetal stems. But I used them on my Jeep without any problems.  I'm not sure I like the idea having to take the Caps off to put air in the tire with the other type sensor.
Anybody that's wanting to buy this you can get really good deals from mobile must have dot-com. They have nice discounts.
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #14
I put our TST system on last week.  It was easy and works great.  A Moderator for another group I'm in got a 20% off deal when ordering from TST Truck.  I'm not sure how long the offer was to last.  If you decide to get the TST try using "UnitedRV20" for the discount code.  I hope the offer is still good.

Glen

I'm not affiliated with United RV or TST.

Glen, this offer is still good. I ordered a new color monitor, repeter and some of the non flow thru caps for the jeep. Got the 20%. TST gave me a 15% off but thought I would try your promo and it worked. Basically I got 2 sets of o ring kits for free over the mobil must have price. So not a bad deal. And free shipping. So thanks for the link.
Bob
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #15
Ordered a 6 sensor flow through set.  Discount worked fine.  Thanks
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #16
I was going to order a few extra sensors.  Last time I ordered flow through were $50and the caps were $35.  They are all $62 now!

Use the discount code.

Reply #17
Got my TST system yesterday and all set up. Getting ready to take a trip and I believe it is going to be a great peace of mind when driving, and I won't have to walk around doing the "tire thunk" with my little bat. :)
I do have a question, I run 95 PSI in my Michelins when cold.  What will be a normal temp when running, and how much if any does the pressure go up on the highway?  Never had really thought about this before.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Reply #18
Just set the pressure cold and it will show you how much it goes up. The margin built in allows for normal temp and pressure rises.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #19
Thanks Craneman, Yep, I have them all set to the Cold PSI, was just kinda curious if anyone had an idea of how much the PSI and Temp rises when the tires heat up on the road.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Reply #20
Yes, temperature and pressure increases as the tire heats up from highway friction and rising ambient temperature. I have seen as much as twenty degrees as the ambient temp rises from 8 AM to 1 or2 PM.. i run 61 psi cold temp in all six tires and I have seen it go up into low 80's. I forget where I set the alarms but it was as suggested in the manual.
No RV! Have hung up the keys.
In the past: 2016 Winnebago Era, 1994 Foretravel U240, 1995 Foretravel U240 (wide body), 1999 Foretravel 320, 36 Foot, 2003 Foretravel U320 38 foot,

Reply #21
I've seen over ten degrees split with just the sun. Running heavy the important number for me has been 140deg. Time to slow down. Operating at or above will cause tire failures. That being said. 115 degrees outside and the road temp will be above 140. Lower pressures flex more and build heat. Heat caused by under inflation is the #1 cause of tire failure. Personally I really like tire pressure temperature indications. Can have good pressures but if Individual temperature starts climbing you have a problem
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
If you're going to be dumb, you got to be tough.
DEGOIWKY
Don't ever get old, it will kill you
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #22
Mark, your tires will heat up and pressures go up. 10 psi is not uncommon.  Even more.  Set you pressure in the morning in the shade.  Use a tire pressure gauge that you know is good.  It is not unusual to have some variation in the pressure sensors.  If all of your rear tires are set to 95 using a gauge you trust then you might see a sense or that reads higher or lower than what you know they are.  You can adjust for that in the setup. I just let them read what they want and know that my inside right rear reads 3 psi lower than it is.  As long as it stays there it is OK.  Mostly what you are looking for are changes over time, slow leaks or rapid changes.

Tires should be close to ambient outside temps maybe a bit more.  A low tire will run hot.

Look at it in the morning, it should look OK.  Don't spent too much time looking at it away from the road, let the alarms to what they are there for.

Reply #23
One of the best features is the rapid loss warning  I had a spike in a rear tag tire.  They were heated up after driving several hours in the Texas summer.  When the alarm sounded I began looking for a place to pull over.  By the time I found a spot the tire was a still over the set pressure but it was losing air quickly.  I was able to get to a safe place and park before it got much below "normal" pressure.  I'm a believer.
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

Reply #24
High temp. warning saved my rotor on the front right when the caliper stuck after an emergency stop. Car entered the highway right in front of me at 70 mph in Texas on my way to Xtreme.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean