Skip to main content
Topic: Roof construction (Read 533 times) previous topic - next topic

Roof construction

Does anyne know what the roof spacing on "rafters" is? Talking about late 90's. Understand they are aluminum.

Re: Roof construction

Reply #1
Yes, aluminum but a stud finder will pinpoint where they start and end. That's what I used to install our solar. Never missed hitting the middle of one.

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #2
Perspective buyer. Can't do that. Do you remember what spacing was? Acs require a 14" spacing minimun

Reply #3
Perspective buyer. Can't do that. Do you remember what spacing was? Acs require a 14" spacing minimun
No, that was 12 years ago. I pulled the ACs when I repainted our roof last year and remember a box section where the AC are installed.

P
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #5
I and others have a layout of the roof construction  so in the morning one of  us can add the plan so you can see. I am sure it is the same spacing thru many years
Johnh
Coachless, now use aircraft.
1994 Ford E350 ClassC,total renovation inside and out. Now sold.
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674. Sold
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins. Sold
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116. Sold
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.

Reply #7
Thank you vey much. That gives me the info I needed. I was looking to see what was involved with adding cassettes acs. Several areas is 2' spacing. That is where they will go.

Reply #8
Make no assumptions about the roof structure of coaches being the same from one year tomthe nex, one length to another and one model to another model.  They are not all the same.  Compare the drawings and see for yourself.  You can get a roof plan for the specific coach you are looking at from FT.  Without a plan or a good survey done with a quality stud finder you are just guessing.

Reply #9
Understand but it gives me good info. I would have to find them but knowing they use 2' spacing is good.Cassettes are 22.5"