Skip to main content

Topic: Roof construction (Read 292 times) previous topic - next topic

Roof construction
Does anyne know what the roof spacing on "rafters" is? Talking about late 90's. Understand they are aluminum.

Re: Roof construction
Reply #1
Yes, aluminum but a stud finder will pinpoint where they start and end. That's what I used to install our solar. Never missed hitting the middle of one.

Pierce

Reply #2
Perspective buyer. Can't do that. Do you remember what spacing was? Acs require a 14" spacing minimun

Reply #3
Perspective buyer. Can't do that. Do you remember what spacing was? Acs require a 14" spacing minimun
No, that was 12 years ago. I pulled the ACs when I repainted our roof last year and...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #4
They are not uniform like a house roof might be,  They are laid out to fit equipment and other requirement. 

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
I and others have a layout of the roof construction  so in the morning one of  us can add the plan so you can see. I am sure it is the same spacing thru many years
Johnh

Reply #6
Here is one from John H previous posts.

Reply #7
Thank you vey much. That gives me the info I needed. I was looking to see what was involved with adding cassettes acs. Several areas is 2' spacing. That is where they will go.

Reply #8
Make no assumptions about the roof structure of coaches being the same from one year tomthe nex, one length to another and one model to another model.  They are not all the same.  Compare the drawings and see for yourself.  You can get a roof...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #9
Understand but it gives me good info. I would have to find them but knowing they use 2' spacing is good.Cassettes are 22.5"