Skip to main content

Topic: Airbag Leaking 2006 Nimbus 336 (Read 1174 times) previous topic - next topic

Charlie G and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Airbag Leaking 2006 Nimbus 336
Like others I am having problems with airbags.

o The airbags on my look good. 
o Some minor surface checking. 
o The front airbags look better than the rear.

Went camping this week. The campsite had a maybe a 6" slope.  The pavement had a crown. ...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Airbag Leaking 2006 Nimbus 336
Reply #1
I checked all the air connections related to the front airbags.  No leaks found.  Used soap.

The only leak I know of is the connection to the pressure regulator.  This line could drain the front air tank. I do not see how that would cause the...

Reply #2
Are you sure one is leaking down and it's not an opposite side/corner leaking UP?  Based on your description, I might suspect the driver rear raise solenoid valve on the rear sixpack.

We had very similar behavior years ago - the solenoid valve...

Reply #3
When in level mode the front passenger goes down.  Rear does not change.   When HWH wakes up it dumps the air and re-levels.

In travel mode in storage the front drips in about 30 minutes.  If left long enough the front bags are completely...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
My air bags stay up for days. In over a week they will be down some.

Reply #5
I raised the coach for leak checking 30 minutes to one hour ago Used the All raised button Then killed engine.. Put the 12 inch safety stands in place.   Just checked the rear has about an inch distance between the stands and the frame. Does not...

Reply #6
Old Guy -

That is what I expected to be the norm.  I purchased this coach a couple of months ago and that has never been the case for me.

Reply #7
I checked all the air line connections.

Put soap around the base of the six pack solenoids.  Could not see leak but hard to see with manifold installed.

Reply #8
Another potential problem.  When I started the engine to build air and raise the coach.  Engine oil pressure showed 80 PSI.  :help:

It is a little cold today. 50 degrees or so.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
That's normal to have high oil pressure at startup. It will drop as the engine warms up.

Reply #10
Michelle-

They were available in 20012.  Still available?  Newell forum?

Need to get part numbers off my 2006 valve body to see if correct parts?

I do not want to tear the six pack down without at least an o-ring kit.

Reply #11
Michelle-

They were available in 20012.  Still available? 

As of last week Rebuild-replace 6 packs

The topic linked explains how to contact Tom.

Reply #12
I recently experienced a similar issue and found that the auxiliary air chuck had a leak and some how affected the leveling of my coach. Perhaps your leak is not in the level system but an accessory to it. Just a thought. I wouldn't think it...

Reply #13
This has nothing to do with the air bags, they are above my pay grade, finding leaks ok but these forum members are genius when it comes to HWH.
HOWEVER: you mentioned the compressor pulls from the start battery system, you should add a...

Reply #14
I have been working on that.  I have a maintainer charger.  It is a little small for my starting bank.  3x AGM batteries.  The one you mentioned says appropriate for 2 batteries.

Mine will time out when charging.  It assumes max battery size is...

Reply #15
There appears to be a small amount of moisture in the leveling system.

Opening the drain valves on the front air tank does not show any moisture.

The dryer on the aux 12v pump is beginning to need replacing looking at the color of the desiccant.

Reply #16
That desiccant (for the aux compressor) will change color fairly quickly, especially if you are in a humid environment.

You can search the forum on how to regenerate it (bake) so you don't need to throw it out.

FOT used to sell it for a ridiculous...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17

Reply #18
I purchased some desiccant off Amazon.  Due here this afternoon.

PS:  I have not found the source of my leak for certain.  I have checked all the airline fittings for leaks with soap and made sure all the compression fittings are tight.  "I was...

Reply #19
Might take a read of this thread about pulling the 6 pack and bench testing to find leaks.
Good luck finding and getting it repaired.

Reply #20
Received the Desiccant I ordered. I removed the dryer bowl.  The tube was stuck so I removed the nut and removed it separately.

What I found is a whole lot of corrosion.  The screen at the bottom of the tube is plugged.  There was an O-ring at the...

Reply #21
Received the Desiccant I ordered. I removed the dryer bowl.  The tube was stuck so I removed the nut and removed it separately.......Looks like a new drier is in the near future......

I have...

Reply #22
I have had good luck on several rvs with purchasing remanufactured units from the manufacturer, thru Napa Auto Parts.

He's referring to the HWH desiccant bowl, not the main engine air...

Reply #23
Ordered one from ZORO on ebay.  About $50 for a new one with shipping.  Will be here in a little over a week.  I have to old one to use before then.  It is pretty stopped up but not completely.  Has new desiccant so it should be fine until I get...

Reply #24
Raised and dumped air two times using the aux pump. Took a while to raise of course the dryer is pretty clogged.

After two cycles looked at the desiccant. The desiccant was blue at the top. A little less than 1/2.  Then orange and very bottom...