Skip to main content

Topic: 02 U320 Air gauge stopped working (Read 406 times) previous topic - next topic

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
02 U320 Air gauge stopped working
Not realizing that the air gauges are the brakes/ Hwh but mainly for the air brakes (makes sense now)

Never thought about it and always understood it to be Ride height pressure (which is a part of it).

Lost the function of the front air gauge

Anyone...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: 02 U320 Air gauge stopped working
Reply #1
If your pressure gauges are not working then it is the pressure transduce at the tank, the wiring to the blue or gray box, something in the blue box, the wiring to the gauge from the blue box or the gauge.  The most common thing is the blue box...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Ty.. made my way down their to get my schematics... see they are connected to the tank directly.. will check it out and go from there.

I will update the thread once I figure it out ^.^d

Reply #3

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
No blue box/grey or any other color I can find

I did find this but I am not sure what it goes too? it has a green wire on it and the guage also has a green wire but I couldnt trace it as it was in a huge bundle.. anyone know what its for?

Reply #6
David,

Should be able to trace it from the number on the wire along with your wiring diagram.

Reply #7
Those are for the horns?  Follow wires back from the dash gauges. They should go to a gray or blue box.  On this drawing it is right in the middle next to the tach and speedo.  Lots of wires in and out.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
That dash has a ton of wires.. I think if I stripped the coach of copper I could buy me a new one..  ;)

Thanks Roger.. Answers that

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Thinking that's for the Hadley's (think horns)

Reply #10
David, sounds like the best option if you have a issue with the blue module is to bypass it like Rodger did. Wonder why Foretravel didn't just do that in the first place.  Sometimes I think someone just over thought these things. Hope you get it...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
David, sounds like the best option if you have a issue with the blue module is to bypass it like Rodger did. Wonder why Foretravel didn't just do that in the first place.  Sometimes I...

Reply #12
David, is the rear gauge still working?  If it is (you only mention the front gauge not working) then I would say it isn't the magic box but the sender on the tank or the gauge itself.  Have you tried switching the wires behind the gauge so that...

Reply #13
Gotta find this blue box first.. its illusive !!

Pic of one (not in-situ, unfortunately) in this thread.  air gauge on 2003 U320

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Pic of one (not in-situ, unfortunately) in this thread.  air gauge on 2003 U320
I found that pic yesterday.. it is not under their but I was in a hurry last night and I spent 10 min digging.....

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
I am not able to locate this piece.. I have searched all over inside the dash.. anywhere else you would think.. cant follow the wires as they go through bundles.

Any suggestions on where everyone else that has had this issue located this part?

Also...

Reply #16
Is it possible the PO had the module fail before you bought the coach and a different scheme was implemented?  Any records on the coach service?

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Is it possible the PO had the module fail before you bought the coach and a different scheme was implemented?  Any records on the coach service?

I can ask him as I know him personally.. never...

Reply #18
If your gauges have plugs on the back with a wire connection then they are the electronic gauges.  I think the plugs have a red retaining clip. The wires from the air gauges, front and rear, connect to the box.  The box is supplying a five volt...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
I will dig again and able check 1 last time.. the finger was unplugged but I plugged it back it it makes a small ding but nothing else..

. I would think their would be air lines coming in somewhere that go to the blue/gray box.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Called Foretravel today and I do not have a Blue or Gray box.. but a black box .. it is a VDO converter box approx size is 3x6.. I will take a pic later .. think I have narrowed it down to the sender at the tank. Will change this and will post my...